Verdict

I'm aching to get through this court session and see if I get to take home, my little brother, from that wretched woman who he calls; his mother. My lawyer is optimistic that I will win this case after the evidence I submitted to him, thanks to that jackass Marshall. Speaking of which; I haven't talked to Marshall since what happened at the club and I'm glad because then I don't have to put up with him being problematic and being down my throat since I started working as an exotic dancer, I can't get over him coming to the club and seeing me perform. It wasn't right because I didn't want him to see me like that considering he has a girlfriend who in fact is my best friend and I'm worried how she'll react when she hears that firstly Marshall cheated on her and him showing up to the club completely unannounced and thinking I looked sexy. Usually, I don't mind being called sexy by Marshall but only IF Kim is around.

In a way, I'm protecting him since I know Kim's temper all too well and I know Marshall's temper but I do know he won't lay his hand on her because he doesn't want to lose his daughter. Since Hailie was born and until now; Kim hasn't stopped hanging Hailie over his head whenever he does try to stand up for himself and it's sad because now she always has to be the one who wins all the battles even if she is wrong.

I'm getting ready for my last court session "You ready?" Kim asks me leaning against the door frame as I check myself out in the mirror. I'm wearing a black pant-suite and have very little makeup on "I'm ready now" I look at her and give her a small smile. We leave my apartment and get in her car "Don't be nervous, you're gonna win this case" Kim says and begins to drive "I can't shake it off you know, my mom is a master manipulator" I sigh "Oh please, you submitted evidence to your lawyer that your mom has been sleeping with her lawyer so there is no way she can talk herself out of this shit" Kim chuckles "Can we talk about something else? I can't think about this right now" I get Kim is trying to be supportive and a good friend but I'm fucking scared and I can't shake it off "Yeah sure" She nods.

For a couple of seconds of the drive, neither one of us said anything "Oh I was gonna ask you, why haven't you visited us? Marshall, me and the girls haven't seen you in two weeks plus Marshall has been in a shitty mood lately" Kim asks me. I don't know what to tell her, I can't say 'Oh me and Marshall had an argument in his car cause he found me sexy and I threw his cheating to his face which made him so angry, he kicked me out of your car' It's better she doesn't know "I've been spending time more with my brother and I don't know why Marshall is moody" I roll my eyes "I asked him about it and he said some bitch Candy pissed him off at the nightclub you work at" I haven't told Kim I'm Candy because she never asked and I never bothered to tell her since she never came down to see me perform "Do you know who Candy is?" She asks me "Some bitch from work, I don't really talk to her" I'm such a fucking liar "Well were you there when Marshall and this Candy girl were like arguing?" I look over at her "Kim, what are you alluding to?" I ask her "That he probably fucked Candy and now he's mad because he hasn't heard from that slut" Kim rolls her eyes and focuses on the road "He didn't fuck Candy" I look at her and she side eye me "How are you so sure?" Kim asks me "Because I'm Candy, Kim" I tell her, and Kim doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me? and what the fuck happened between you and Marshall?" Kim raises her voice "Because I don't plan on being Candy for a long time and nothing happened between me and Marshall" Kim glares at me "Don't fucking lie, Nicole, because Marshall is talking shit about you to me and his friends so tell me the fucking truth" Kim yells and I tell her the entire argument including Marshall's cheating. Her grip tightens around the steering wheel "I'm gonna fucking kill him" She punches the steering wheel "How could he fucking do this to me?" I don't say anything "I need a fucking answer Nicole since he fucking tells you everything" Kim yells "I don't know" I feel so small right now and Kim shuts up but she is so angry. Marshall is gonna kill me when he finds out.