I Have No Choice

Today's Monday that means I'm hoping to hear back about the job as a bartender. I usually spend my Fridays and Saturdays partying, drinking my body weight in alcohol, and sleeping with a random guy but no, I didn't do that, instead, I wallowed in self-pity and kept thinking about the job I need. Marshall said he's coming over today and, to be honest, I don't want any visitors, I tried explaining that to him but he's hard-headed.

I hear a knock on the door and groan knowing it's Marshall. I open the door and I glare at him "Hey Sunshine" He smirks at me "Didn't I tell you no visitors?" I cross my arms over my chest and Marshall looks at me with his boyish grin "You did but I chose not to listen" Marshall laughs "What are you doing here anyway?" I ask him as I let him inside my apartment "I got bored at home and thought I'd visit my favorite girl" Marshall smirks "I thought Deshaun was your favorite girl" I smirk at him and he laughs "Deshaun's gonna whoop your ass when he finds out you referred to him as a girl" Marshall walks to my fridge and grabs himself a beer "You got no more beer" I roll my eyes "Shocker" I say sarcastically "Yo cut that shit out and next time I visit I expect this shit to be filled with beer" Marshall flops down on my couch "I need a lock on my door" I sit down "I'll get in through the window then" Marshall takes a sip of his beer "I live on the fifth floor" I look at him like he's lost his mind "I'll climb" Marshall smirks "If you came here to annoy the living life out of me, it's working" I chuckle "Okay good cause I was gonna try harder" Marshall laughs and smacks my thigh really hard "Owww" I rub my thigh because it hurts so much and Marshall continues to laugh "That's not funny" I smack his chest "You hit like a bitch"

I really wonder why he's in a good mood "You're in a good mood, why are you in a good mood? You're usually grumpy" I giggle "So I can't be in a fucking good mood huh?" Marshall arches his brow "It's not normal" I laugh "You're a bitch" Marshall shakes his head and takes a sip of his beer, he puts his feet up on my coffee table "What happened to Sunshine?" I pout "You don't fucking deserve that" Marshall side-eyes me "Okay okay, what's going on?" I ask him being for real this time "I'm performing at The Shelter this Friday, wanna come?" He asks me "I would love to" I smile at him and hug him tightly "Oh did you hear from the job yet?" Marshall asks me as we pull away from the hug "No" I shake my head "Fuck 'em, you don't need that bullshit" Marshall shakes his head "I do, Marshall, I got fired from my last job for refusing to sleep with my boss to keep it and I also have a court session coming up soon, not to mention I need to go to college" Marshall looks at me again "I don't trust motherfuckers in that bar and I don't trust the owner of that bar because he's gonna take advantage of you because of your looks and I don't want that for you" Did he just call me hot? "I can take care of myself Marshall, you should know that" He looks at me again "I do but I've been going to that shit hole for years and have seen how girls get treated by those motherfuckers"

This is Marshall's protective side, he doesn't show it often but when he does, you know he means it "Well you didn't seem to care all that much when Kim told you what my old boss tried to do to me" I roll my eyes "Nicole, if I was there I would have fucked him up so badly he wouldn't touch another girl for as long as he lives. Kim told me what happened when the girls were around so I couldn't lose my shit but I was burning up inside from anger because he fucking touched you and almost touched my girlfriend not that I fucking care anyway because that bitch allows everyone to fucking touch her" Marshall becomes angry "She's a mom now to two little girls, I doubt she would two-time you again" I tell him "Yeah I know but part of me thinks she's gonna fuck me over again and I can't deal with that shit because it's gonna affect my little girl" Marshall sighs "I understand, remember my ex-boyfriend Mark? He played me around and took advantage of me" Mark was my boyfriend back in 1995 and we were together for a year, on and off, he was the typical bad boy, great in bed but had girls all around him. He manipulated me, made me feel guilty, gaslighted me, in general, he put me through hell til I finally called it quits.