Chapter 29

(Kinsley's POV)

Mrs. Reyes and I went into this really weird building. It was super plain and boring. Maeve showed me a chair in the waiting room and told me to sit there. I sat down, just watching all the people walking by. My mind kept going back to my parents. After a long time, Mrs. Reyes finally came out a room.

Mrs. Reyes: "Kinsley, can you come here?"

I jumped off the chair, walking toward Mrs. Reyes. We walked through the long hallways then into the room. There was a table in the middle with toys in the corner. 

Mrs. Reyes: "Your parents will be here soon, you can play with the toys while we wait"

"Can Mama come?"

Mrs. Reyes: "Yes, she will be here"

"And Jay?"

Mrs. Reyes shook her head: "No, you will see them later"

I frowned, why was only Mama coming and not Jay? I went toward the toys and looked into the box. There was blocks, cars, and dolls. I picked up the cars and placed it on the race car mat. 

Vroom Vroom!

I played with the cars for a while, making them race around the track. Suddenly, the door opened, I turned around and I saw them. My mom and dad. I dropped the cars in my hand and leaned against the wall. 

Mom puts down her purse and started walking toward me, her arms reaching to me: "Hi my little bean! You've gotten so big!"

I stood still, not knowing how to react. Behind my mom, my dad came walking in. He had a smile on his face. Weird.

Mom picked up and hugged me tightly. I stayed quiet, not wanting to make Dad mad. He came over and ruffled my hair: "Hey there, princess! How's my little girl doing?"

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I just shrugged. I was so scared, he was very angry the last time we talked.

Mom noticed my silence and set me down: "Kinsley, don't you want to say hi to your dad?"

I shook my head, tears started to stream down my face. I backed up away from them. 

Mrs. Reyes: "It's okay, these are your parent"

I screamed: "NO NO! WHERE MAMA AND JAY?"

Mom: "It's me, your mommy"

Dad looked at me and then at Mom.

Dad: "It's been awhile, she's just shy. She was kidnapped"

He turned to Mrs. Reyes: "Thank you for taking a good care of her. When can we have her back into our care?"

Mrs. Reyes: "Soon as the investigation is over"

I screamed even louder: "NO NO NO!"

I backed into the corner behind the bookshelf. Bringing my knee to my chest.

Another familiar women came into the room. Then all the sudden I remembered her from the hospital, Olivia (Benson). 

I ran past my parents and leaped into her arms: "Olivia!"

She noticed the tears streaming down my face. She spoke gently: "I think the visit is over. I need to speak with her"

Mrs. Reyes nodded, leading my parent out of the room.

Olivia held me tightly as I cried. She whispered comforting words in my ear and rubbed my back. After a few minutes, I calmed down and looked up at her.