Chapter 7

*TW: This chapter will include a panic attack and flashbacks from chapter 4 (violence)*

A week later (Hailey's POV)

Kim came into my room, carrying my clothes, "Here you go! Do you need help?" I nodded. She carefully helps move my arm to put my shirt on. 

"Thank you"

Kim helped me onto the wheelchair before pushing me into the hallway. The whole unit and Trudy stood in the waiting room, waiting to see me. They all gave me a friendly wave and applauded. 

I feel so exposed, I just want to go home. No more stays in hospital. No more people looking down on me. No more being treated like a victim.

I kept my head down while being wheeled out of the hospital, I smiled as everyone greeted me. I frantically glanced at Kim and whispered, 

"I want to go home now please"

K: "I know, I will be quick, I need to get my car"

Will, Natalie and I stood outside the hospital's exit, waiting for Kim to pull her car around.

Natalie: "Please let us know if you need anything. We are here for you"

I nodded, staring blankly into space. I just want to go home. Leave me alone please.

Kim hopped out of the car and helped me into the passenger seat. 

Kim looks at me worriedly, "You ready to go home?"

I nodded impatiently and waved goodbye to Will and Natalie, attempting to smile.

Natalie gives me a hug and waves goodbye before she walking back into the hospital with Will.

On the ride home, no words were spoken. Just the sound of the soft rain rolling down the windows and cars driving by could be heard.

"Come on, come on," Kim muttered, drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, breaking the silence. 

It is now 5:13. Just a few more minutes until I am finally home. I just need to get through this insane traffic.

5:15pm...

5:19pm...

I am finally home.

I opened the door to my apartment. I walked in and just stood there. I looked around, nothing has changed since I last left. I winched in discomfort as I set my belongings down and locked the door.

K: "Hey, do you need help?"

I shook my head and slowly walked over to my bedroom, where I undressed and changed into my sweatpants and Jay's t-shirt. I then crawled under the covers and clutched Jay's pillow tightly to my chest. I slowly drift away.

The next day (General POV)

Kim is awakened by the sound of her phone ringing and rolls over to see who is calling. It was Voight. 

Kim answered, rubbing her eyes: "Hello?"

HV: "Hey, how is she doing?"

Kim sat up on the couch: "Not great, but she's sleeping, so that's good."

"She just went to bed last night. She hasn't said a word since we left the hospital"