Chapter 10

Author's note: EEK! I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I got so caught up in it that 10 hours later, it became a chapter with over 5,000 words! So I decided to split it into three chapters. I wrote a crossover between L&O: SVU and Chicago PD!!! Tracy Spiridakos (Hailey Upton) once mentioned how she wanted to work with Mariska Hargitay (Captain Benson Olivia). Also something big is happening soon! Let me know what you guys think!  😬

1 week later (General's POV)

Hailey walks up the staircase into the bullpen, her bag slung over her shoulder. The team's attentions switched to Hailey and their faces light up with excitement. They erupt into cheers as they celebrate Hailey's return to full duty after a week of being behind the desk and staying at home to recover for a month. Atwater walks up to her and gave her a side hug and a fist bump.

Vanessa: "Welcome back Hailey!"

H: "Thank you guys, I am happy to be back"

Voight: "Hailey, my office please"

The room fell silent as Hailey exchanges nods with them and made her way towards Voight's office.

Once inside, Voight closed the door behind him and leaned against his desk, his expression concerned.

HV: "Hailey, are you sure you are ready for full duty? You did very well coming back for desk duty, but I just want to make sure that you are okay. Are you going to therapy?"

H: "Yes. Yeah, I am ready"

"Yes, I went four time last week"

Voight studied Hailey's face for a moment, his eyes searching for any signs of hesitation. Just as he was about to speak, his phone rang, interrupting the conversation.

HV: "Hello?"

HV: "Alright, my team will be there in five"

He ended the call and quickly grab his leather jacket off of his chair.

HV: "Okay, we have a new case. Do you want to partner with Burgess again?"

Hailey nodded: "I am ready Sarg"

Without wasting any time, Voight swung open his office door and commanded with urgency: "We gots shots fired nearby! Active shooter! Let go! Burgess, you're partnered with Hailey"

They all ran to their vehicle and turned on their lights and siren. Within five minutes, they pull up to an old craftsman house.

HV: "Alright, Rojas and Atwater, you guys take the front, Ruzek and Torres, check the perimeter. Upton and Burgess, take the back. Let go! We are going in blind!"

Another shot was heard from the inside, sending a shiver down everyone's spine. Everyone ran to their assigned position, communicating through their radio as they entered the building. 

-------

The sound of their footsteps echoed through the dark hallway as they cautiously made their way through the house. Hailey and Kim stuck together, their eyes scanning every corner for any sign of danger. As they reaches a closed door, Hailey hesitated for a minute.

Kim whispered to her: "Hailey?"

Hailey took a deep breath and mouthed to Kim, "I got your back"

Kim motioned for Hailey to stand back as she slowly turned the doorknob. The door creaked open, revealing an empty bedroom with only a few furniture, and a door leading to another room. All the sudden, a tall skinny guy comes out, his hand raised. His voice filled with desperation with strong Spanish accent.