Homeless

Walking out of the Iphone store, A bag in hand and a Coffee in the other, I walked out onto the busy street, My shoes hitting the dirty uneven pavement.

The uneven pavement proving itself to me as I stumbled and my Coffee dropped, Splashing itself on my already unkept shoes, I cursed under my breath.

"All this for Diana" I said shaking my head bending down to retrieve my now garbage.

Diana is my 16 year old daughter who I birthed when I was 23, Her father abandoned her as I was told her wasn't ready for children.

I let him leave, He wasn't a good boyfriend so he wasn't going to be a good father, I let him have it easy as he signed his parental rights over to only me.

My thoughts were drifted when a big veiny hand clamped money into my empty cup of coffee.

I looked up to see the stranger walking away, the slip of his wallet dropped out his suit pocket and I hurriedly chased after him, picking up his wallet in the process.

I weaved through the crowd of people.

"Excuse me sir!" I called out, a few people staring at me in the process.

His walking sped up, He was heading towards a large rectangular building.

I huffed as I ran towards him, reaching out towards him as my hands caught his suit jacket yanking lightly.

He snatched his arm from me, His stance tall and towering over me.

He turned his body towards me with his arms crossed.

"Im not giving you anymore money beggar, Leave me be before I call my security" His voice strong and his cologne stronger, The manly scent was heavy but not unpleasant.

"Beggar?" I asked looking at my attire.

Baggy shorts and a oversized sweatshirt, my dirty overused shoes that I don't bother to throw out because they are still very much wearable.

"I am NOT a beggar!" I crossed my arms matching his stance.

He scoffed.

"I beg to differ" He said with a smirk, My eyes widen.

I opened my mouth to speak but his words took me back a bit.

"As rude as you are, Im not a beggar, I came here to return your wallet" I said pushing it to his hard chest along with the money he handed to me.

He held it tight looking down at me in disbelief.

"And don't worry, I didn't take anything, not that it would be worth much considering your attitude" I scoffed turning on my heels and walking towards my street that would take me home.

"Wait!" That agitating voice called out, the footsteps growing louder, I turned around pulling myself back as his hands were reaching for me but I dodged it in time.

"Forgive me, Im just used to people asking for more money whenever I give them something" He stated as I rolled my eyes.

"Let me take you out, as an apology" He said sternly.

"If you wanted to ask me out, you could've just asked" I said cocky as a Joke, His face straightened as he didn't find my Joke funny.

"Fine, Whatever, This is very unnecessary" I said to him as he handed me a card.

"My buisness card, My office number is on here, Im a very busy man so tonight at 7pm call this number and I'll pick you up" He said turning away hurriedly before I could even utter a word.

"A date?" I mumbled curiously.

I shrugged it off, placing the card in my bra and walking home hurriedly.