"Tommy, you don't understand..." Victoria sighed, her eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Vic," Zayn trailed off, resting his hand on her shoulder, "Just breathe...you should see her at least one last time, and so should you Kai, it's the very least we can all do," and he was right.

Victoria nodded, unbuckling her seat belt like the rest of us and we all got out of the car, heading inside. I couldn't help but notice the stares coming our way, some full of disgust, confusion even, but we kept pushing forward. They weren't there that night...Tommy was right, she made a choice that night knowing there was a possibility she wouldn't make it out and we just had to accept that.

I took a seat in a few rows toward the back alongside Zayn and Tommy while Victoria, Alexa, and Cole decided to sit by some guy. When it was time to see her body, I didn't get up, already getting a clear enough view of her. It was weird not seeing her smile or make some sarcastic yet dumb comment...not seeing her alive. I don't know, maybe it just didn't hit me that this would be the last time I'd ever see her again. Until I realized that some of our friends would never get to say goodbye, since they were still stuck inside the hospital, unconscious.

"Thank you all for coming today, I'm sure she would be the happiest seeing everyone here to celebrate her. Unfortunately, a young but vibrant life was lost today, Courtney Chipolone was a..."

After the service, we were getting ready to go, when Victoria excused herself to the bathroom and Cole and Alexa came up to us, the guy who was sitting next to them, following behind them.

"Hey," Alexa said to us both, giving a sweet but small smile, "I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what you all are going through."

Zayn shook his head, returning the smile although you could see him hurting past it, "No Alexa, you just lost a friend too and I'm sorry about that,"

"It isn't your fault—either of you," She pointed out, her eyes focused on me, but I was trying to look anywhere but the current situation, "But this is Sean, he's—he was Courtney's boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you guys, she talked a lot about you," Sean smiled, sticking his hand out, which Zayn and Tommy accepted and I just nodded. I could tell he understood I wasn't trying to be rude, I just wasn't in the right headspace.

"I'm so sorry for your lost man, she was the best. Always down for whatever, such a bright spirit," Tommy added, his eyes full of remorse.

"Yeah, I just don't understand how this happened. I can't believe they didn't catch the guy who shot her, I mean a robbery, are you serious?" So Courtney's parents didn't tell Sean what actually happened.

Zayn nodded, with a small shrug, "I'm sure the police will find out soon enough,"

Sean let out a small laugh, sticking his hand out again, "Detective Sean Anderson, LAPD."

I looked over at Zayn, who was already staring at me and thinking the same thing. Courtney was dating a fucking cop. It was obvious the energy shifted between us all, knowing that Sean was suspicious and the rest of us were trying to keep our cool, not wanting to let him know any more information about anything even.

"Well, I'm sure Courtney would appreciate you helping with her case," I finally said, Sean's eyes darting to me, "Aren't you a little too close to this though?"

"Maybe, but rest assured it won't stop me from finding justice for Courtney, starting with finding this robber guy,"

"Mm, well good luck with that,"