Chapter 8- Rise of the New Moon

Third person POV

As Alexandra and Adrien walked hand in hand into the ball room, almost everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the duo but their eyes were fixed on the girl whose beauty could rival a goddess with scarlet red hair.

This little fact made Alexandra break out in cold sweat as she strolled in with a nervous smile.

Many thoughts were running through the heads of the people at the event.

Who is this girl...

Is she an angel.....

Why does she look so beautiful.....

Alexandra wanting to enjoy the night ignored the glare and judgement in the eyes of many and walked up to meet her friend group.

"Wow..you look so beautiful" claire said with honesty.

"I couldn't agree more, you make some of us look naked." Xavier replied.

Alexandra turned to timothy as he hadn't talked since and couldn't hold in her giggles as he looked like a fish out of water, closing and opening his mouth trying to form words.
She took that moment to admire her friends clothing, also looking through the crowd in awe as she hadn't been in the midst of this much supernaturals.

This event was full of dancing and laughing but like she was told it's all a charade,

"This event is not all about the dancing, people of higher status like those in the council use this as a means to form greater allies or belittle others,
Those of minor interest come to find a potential mate while the bitchy ones come to prove their stronger and better under the light of the new moon." Xavier's words, not hers.

After chatting with her friends, them mostly complimenting her, xavier and adrien broke off from the group to dance, being followed by a lot of people who also wanted to dance.

Alexandra was about to find a place she could possibly sit as she wasn't dancing and the silver heels she got was starting to hurt but she was approached.

"Hello, I'm Driad Owens,i couldn't help but notice how beautiful you looked this evening, depriving myself the chance to speak to you was quite hard" a young man, presumably in his late twenties said with a thick Australian accent.

Alexandra was contemplating walking away after dismissing him nicely but decided against it, choosing to indulge him.
Also her curiosity got the better of her as she tried to find out what he was.

"I'm Alexandra Osiris, nice to meet you driad" she said placing a fake smile on her face.

"I'm a vampire of the house of night and what are you, beautiful?" He asked with a smirk.

She wanted to facepalm herself as she must have really been out of it, to not notice the red eyes and fangs that glistened under the light.

"Well, i am a witch-" she was about to finish when she felt like her mind was being poked continuously, she placed her hands on her temple and looked at driad and shook her head.

Unknown to her that this vampire was just trying to get into her head, to read her mind not out of spite but because he couldn't find out more on what she was, which struck his ego since he hasn't ever been not able to find out which kind supernatural people were either by scent or feeding on them but since it was a public event he couldn't feed on her.

Being of a higher status meant there was no restrictions to the minds he could read.
But the fact that he couldn't get into Alexandra's head was enough to wipe his smile away.