CHAPTER 12

-" The fuck?"- Diana was in complete shock. How could just a kiss light up the wood in a second, while she had been trying her best to do it for months and fail every time.

She had completely forgotten about the kiss they just shared, while that was the only thing he could think about at the moment. He had kissed dozens of girls before, why did that one feel different? Why did he enjoy it much more than all the others, even if it was for less than two seconds. Maybe because of the fact Diana was the first girl, not to throw herself on him. She rejected him in every way possible and that's what made her different. It was no lie to anyone that Mattheo was very attractive and good looking and she never tried to deny that. But he was a self absorbed jerk and had a well boosted ego. That's what made Diana not feel anything towards him romantically.

Mattheo looked at her, confused, as to why did he actually kiss her. Was it because he wanted to? Because he was attracted to her? Or just because he wanted to see if it would trigger her enough to let her powers out? Even he didn't know.

She kept staring at the wood with a smile, until she remembered what happened to actually work. She turned to him, the smile no longer on her beautiful face.

-" How did you know it would work?"

-" I didn't."

-" Then why did you do it?"- she was genuinely curious.

-" I thought I'd give it a try. "- he was really proud of himself at that moment.

-" Still doesn't give you the right to do it without my consent."- she stated.

-" But it worked, princess. Didn't it."

-" I suppose."

-" Now put it out."

-" What?"

-" Put out the fire."- he looked at her through his eyebrows, as she nodded and turned around.

Thinking about how to do it, she put her hand at the bottom of the branch, as her eyes were locked on the flames.

Mattheo became curious and moved towards to stand in front of her. Suddenly her ocean colored iris shined in the bright orange color, just like when she lit the candles. The sight surprised Mattheo, judging by the fact his eyes widened, as he watched her carefully.

The flame that was burning on the top of the wood slowly disappeared, leaving  thick smoke after itself, as Mattheo watched with a shocked look on his face. When Diana made sure all of the fire was gone, she closed her eyes for a second, before opening them again. They had returned to their original color and there was no sight of the beautiful bright orange one.

When she looked at him and saw his expression, she noticed how surprised he was.

-" What? Surprised I actually did it?"- she joked.

-" N-no, it's- it's not that. Your- your eyes...?"- he stuttered.

-" What about them?"

-" They were orange?"

-" Huh?"- she brought one of her hands to the skin under her eye, as he stopped her.

-" No, no, not right now. When you were working your... mojo."- he tried to find a word for what she just did.

-" Is that a bad thing?"- she wondered looking at her hands, while she was sitting on the ground opposite of him.

-" I don't think so. I mean, it does make you look scarier...and hotter."- he smirked at her, as she laughed.

-" Shut up. Let's go back, it's probably past four in the morning already."- she said as they kept looking at eachother.

-" Right."- they stood up and made their way back to the castle in silence. Before they parted their ways to go into the dormitories, he grabbed her arm, which shocked her a bit.