Chapter 15 - Derrick's Response

*********************************************************************************

Woohoo I hit 20,000 words with this story (equivalent to 40 pages) !!!! Please vote (click the on the star for each chapter), comment, and share. Thank you. 😘😘😘

*****************************************************************************

With that, Derrick took the lead, kissing her ferociously. His tongue was dancing with hers. Mckayla was feeling the heat in her belly grow hotter. She could feel herself getting wet.

Derrick broke the kiss and began to kiss Mckayla's neck, sending shivers down her spine. Her hands explored his head and back, pulling him closer. She removed his shirt with a sense of urgency, revealing a body sculpted like a work of art.

Their bodies pressed against each other, and Derrick's lips found hers again while his hands explored her luscious curves.

Derrick felt a sense of responsibility as he was overcome with desire. He stopped himself, realizing that they hadn't taken the necessary precautions. With caution and concern, he found the courage to voice his doubts, "Mckayla, I don't have any condoms. We shouldn't continue with this."

But Mckayla, desperate, replied with determination, "Who needs a condom? I'm a virgi...I mean, I'm clean—no STDs or STIs."

Hearing the word STD and STI turned Derrick off. He pulled away gently, sitting up straight on the couch. "No, I respect you too much to continue like this."

Confused and feeling unwanted, Mckayla questioned, "What do you mean?"

With genuine sincerity, Derrick explained, "I like you, Mckayla, but I don't want to rush into anything physical. Let's take our time to get to know each other on a deeper level." He gently kissed her cheeks, trying to reassure her. "Don't get me wrong—I'm incredibly tempted to take you to my room right now and do dirty things to you, but I want to be a responsible adult. Plus, working for your father adds another layer of complexity."

As the realization dawned on her, her plan to sleep with Derrick wouldn't work, she began to cry.

Derrick was confused, and he didn't know how to respond. He never had a woman cry for sex. Uncertain about how to handle the situation, he ran a hand through his hair, searching for the right words. "Mckayla, I..."

"I'm such a terrible human being," she choked between her sobs.

"Terrible human being? .... far from it," Derrick assured her, trying to quell her self-loathing.

Mckayla cried harder. "Derrick, you don't understand..."

"What don't I understand, Mckayla?" Derrick asked. He was rubbing her back, trying to give her some comfort.

"I'm pregnant" Now, Mckayla was ugly, crying.

Derrick wasn't sure he heard her right. "Pregnant," he repeated.

Mckayla nodded, still in tears. "You were trying to sleep with me while pregnant?" there was a pause. "Wait..." Derrick's eyes became huge when it dawned on him what Mckayla's intentions were. "Very foul, Mckayla!!!!" Derrick's voice was laced with anger, a fire ignited by the deceit he had just uncovered.

McKayla's tear-streaked face crumpled; her guilt laid bare before him. "It's worst. I know why you didn't hear back from my father's law firm," she confessed, and the words were a heavy blow to Derrick's already wounded spirit.

"WHY, MCKAYLA?" Derrick demanded.

"Don't hate me, please. I told my dad you were the one who impregnated me," Mckayla said amid her crying.