Chapter 3 - The Morning After

McKayla woke up feeling disoriented as if a headache was about to come on. Damn, I drank too much last night. I swear no more alcohol ever again, she thought. With her eyes close, she started the process of mustering the strength to get out of bed, but she felt something was not quite right. She felt the weight of something on her as if there was an arm wrapped around her waist. She quickly opens her eyes and gazed toward where she felt the weight.

There, on her, was a very pale arm wrapped around her. She internally laughed in her head; I must be dreaming. She closed her eyes and reopened them. She looked down to see if the arm was still there. Oh shit, this is not a dream. Her heart started to beat a little bit faster. She slowly turned her head to the right and sees a white man naked with the sheets covering his bottom half laid next to her. That's when she notices she too was naked.

Without thinking, McKayla screamed startling the man. They both scrambled out of bed, finding themselves on opposite sides. The man seemed shocked as he tries to piece together where he was, and his eyes fell on Mckayla body gawking at her. His eyes on her made her feel self-conscious, she grabbed the sheet from the bed and wrapped the sheet around her naked body, feeling vulnerable and exposed. Unlike her, he just stood there naked. Mckayla, embarrassed, avoided looking anywhere below his chest.

"What did we do?" Mckayla asked the man

The man shrugged, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to collect his thoughts. "I can't remember," he admitted.

"Neither can I," Mckayla replied, her voice tinged with a mix of relief and worry.

The man's gaze fell to the blood spot on the bed, and he quickly connected the dots. "Maybe nothing happened, considering you're on your period," he suggested, pointing to the evidence.

Mckayla face got hot. "I'm not on my period"

A sudden realization washed over the man. "Oh whoa there.... "

"It doesn't matter," Mckayla interrupted, trying to push aside the awkwardness of the situation. "It doesn't count if I can't remember it"

"I'm sorry..."

"Do you want me to request a Lyft?" she interrupted again.

"I can request it. Let me find my stuff and get dressed first." The man began searching for his belongings on the floor, pausing momentarily as if trying to recall his actions. "Drunk and all, we managed to wrap it up", he said proudly, for at least having the brain to use a condom.

Mckayla couldn't help but make a face. "Right," she replied sarcastically. "I should probably go to the student health clinic and get tested. Who knows what you might have given me?"

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused," Mckayla retorted, her frustration seeping through. She quickly pulled out her phone and asked Siri to set a reminder to ask for the morning-after pill. Determined to put this encounter behind her, she headed towards her walk-in closet to get dressed. When she returned to her bedroom, the man was almost done gathering his belongings and dressing himself. She noticed him opening his mouth, presumably to say something, but she didn't give him the chance. She wanted to leave as soon as possible and forget this ever happened.

"it's five minutes away". She saw that the man kept squeezing his forward. "you look like you could use some Tylenol and so do I" with that she left for the kitchen.

Two minutes later the man walked into the kitchen. She handed him a cup of water and a Tylenol bottle.

"Thanks".

While he gulped down the pill with water, she stared at him trying to assess what type of person he was.

"Like what you see?"