Chapter 35

Alex's pov.

Just as we were busy wrapping up the mission,  Cade comes out of the house, he looks seriously pissed off.

" who was the one who shot my baby girl?" He screams.

Cade looks like he maens business, I have never seen him so angry. I sense that my brother is ready to murder someone.  I am suddenly afraid that something bad has happened to Joy or the babies, I rush over to him and ask.

" Cade, is Joy and the babies ok?" I ask,  fearing the worst.
I feel my other brothers are next to me, their hands are on my shoulders, as we await Cades response.

" Don't worry,  we saved her , she and our babies will be just fine. But the a**hole who shot her has to pay. Today nobody will stop me. Now point me to the a**hole who hurt my baby girl.

My brothers and I step aside and point at her brother Calvin,  he was standing in front of the FBI agent who was handcuffing him.

Cade who is the gentlest of us, who never got violent,  was now like a raging bull. I have never seen him like this.
"You, uncuff him, now!" Shouted Cade.

The agent looked at Axel and,  Axel nodded at him. He opened the cuffs and turned around.

Cade took three steps and punched him straight in the face, that punch dropped Calvin to the floor, we all were shocked, but that was not the end of it. Cade went ballistic on him. The agent turns around and sees the damage caused in one minute and he is shocked.

" Doctor Hunter, was there a need for this much damage? I know that he has been a frustration to you all,  but man, this is over kill." Says one of the agents present.

" He shot my pregnant wife,  this heartless bastard shot my wife, who is carrying four babies, and I had to perform surgery on her, to get the bullet out of her, she lost so much blood,  if we had not prepared blood for her, we would have lost her and the babies. Now tell me is that over kill?" He asks, while handing over the bullet, in a plastic bag to the officer.

" I did not realize that anyone was hurt, when did she get shot?" Asked the agent.

Colton and Cade spend the next half an hour explaining the sequence of the incident.  Truth is Colton did not even realize that Joy was shot, he thought that she cut herself on glass.

As the agents were moving Calvin, Alecia and their goons out, Alecia started screaming and claiming that we were married to her and that Joy was an interloper in the relationship.  There were a few paparazzi sneaking around. I knew that Joy would not like this being publicised.

I walk up to her, I am so angry that for the first time in my life I want to raise my hands to a woman, but I restrain myself.

I look Alecia in the eyes and say," you may address Joy only as Mrs Hunter,  nothing else. You are not qualified to be a part of our lives,  you are nothing but a cheap gold digger and home wrecker, maybe we should ask Miranda to elaborate on who the interloper is?"

When I felt certain that the paparazzi heard everything,  I turn and walk back in to the house, I need to be near Joy.

Walking into the safe room come medical room, I am shocked at the sight of my baby, how can she look so frail, her skin is so pale.

Of all the things that could go wrong,  we never anticipated that Joy would be hurt. It is our darkest nightmare. We all enter the room, and sit around the bed, touching some part of Joy. Nine men patiently waiting for our loved one to wake. Four are her husbands,  three are her extended close family and two are her caretakers.  This room is filled with love for one woman,  a testament to how wonderful she really is.

We sit quietly listening to the steady beat of her heart, and the rhythmic beat of our four babies, it is a comfort in a way. Cade occupies his time with checking her vitals and just fussing over her. We go on like this for five more hours, until Joy starts to wake up.

We are all jolted awake to stand closer to her bed, only to be shushed away by Cade.
He did a full check on her reflexes, and only when he was satisfied, did he allow us near her.