Chapter 13

As we all are seated at the breakfast table, the atmosphere feels tense, I am so nervous not knowing what is to come. I keep my head down, my eyes are focused on my coffee, as though it is the most interesting thing in the world.
I resort unconsciously to picking at the skin around my nails, causing a little pain takes my mind away from what is happening.  I lift my coffee to my lips and take a sip, it us made really well, the warm coffee on my tongue is comforting. 

I  do not look up, but I can feel eyes on me. Colton reaches out and takes my hand in his, I look at him, without noticing anyone else . He looks down at my hand and frowns at me, " What have you done?" He asks.

" Huh?" I am a little confused at the question. He picks my hand and places it on the table,  I look in the direction of my hand and see that there is blood on all my fingers, I am so nervous that I never felt anything. 

I try to pull my hand away, and say, " it is nothing. "
Colton's grip on my hand gets tighter, and he literally growls out, " you call this nothing? This is not nothing.  Why did you hurt yourself like this?"

" I did not do it intentionally, it is just a nervous tick. I'll go and clean it up," I say as I stand and attempt to leave the table.
But he doesn't let go of my hand, instead Axel slips into my seat and pulls me into his lap. I am sure that my face reveals my embarrassment.

Cade is back with a first aid kit, I didn't even see him leave, I feel like a monkey in a cage when I glimpse around me and everyone is looking at me.

"Cade, I can handle it myself, please let me do it, I try to reach out to take the antiseptic rubs from his hand, only to find that Axel has a deathly grip on my right hand.
"Honey, relax and let the doctor do his job." Says Axel.
I know when I am defeated,  so I just look at him attending to my hands.

5 minutes later, he is all done, he hands me two pain pills and a glass of water.

" Have it, and when we get home, we will discuss this further, he leans in and kisses me on my forehead , he is so gentle and caring. 

I really am dumbstruck.
I can only nod my head. I turn to Axel and say, " I am ok, I can sit on my own now."

" No! just stay as you are." He says through gritted teeth.

Colton breaks the uncomfortable silence that has fallen over the table,

" Can we get this meeting started, I would like to get home and get some rest, yesterday has taken its toll on Joy."

I hate conflict and I am afraid that one is brewing here.

" I agree," says his dad. "

" Guys I think that your announcement, surprised us all, and some inappropriate things were said and done, and I and the rest of the family want you to know that we support you.
Joy, I am so sorry for not speaking up for you, you have been nothing but good to us. I am happy that my brothers have you, I would welcome you as one of us , I hope it happens soon." Says Brianna.

" I feel the same way, you must be some kind of special to handle these four ," says Bailey.

I look at these sisters,  and all can see is the warmest smiles on their faces.
" Why did it take you so long, to tell us that you are inclined to such a relationship?" Asks his dad.

" Dad, it is difficult for us to find someone who is open to this kind of relationship,  it is more difficult to find someone who likes us all together and individually.  We tried this before, and you know that we were split up, because the person we chose, played favorites and caused disputes among us. We are finally at a place where we trust each other, and we all feel the same way about Joy." Says Axel.

Cade speaks, " dad, the information you heard last night from Joy, is a revelation to us as it is to you. We have developed feelings for her, watching how she carries herself, and we fell head over heels in love with her, this relationship is new for us and for Joy. We wanted to go forward, only with your blessing. Joy wants to end things with us, as she does not want to be the reason we are separated from or have a dispute with our family. We see this as a long term relationship. "

" A forever relationship,  says Alex.

" After hearing how much Joy has been through. And what she has endured all alone, We are never letting go of her. But we will wait for you blessing to make her one of us, a Hunter." Says Colton.

I cannot believe what I am hearing from these guys. I thought that this is just a pretend relationship. But they are talking like they are going to marry me. I look at them and they are avoiding eye contact with me.  I lean back, and Alex whispers in my ear, " we will talk to you at home, we have alot to talk about, "he says and kisses me  just below my ear, causing a shiver to run down my body.
He smiles triumphantly seeing that he can get a reaction from me.

" I have something to say," says their mum.
I tense up at her voice, Axel senses my reaction and holds me tighter, Axel is rubbing circles on my hand.

" Joy," I look up at her, " I am sorry,  I should not have listened to anyone else's opinion of you, I should have come to you. I am wrong for listening to gossip from people who love gossiping.  Please forgive me. I would be happy to accept you into our family, my sons have never looked this good in a long time. There was a time I thought that they were going to split up and go thier own separate ways, it scared me. I was scared that you being in a relationship with all my boys would cause problems for them, but watching them with you, it brings hope and joy to my heart. I am sorry,  that you had to reveal all you secrets to us, I appreciate your honesty, and I am embarrassed that I could do that to another woman.  Can we start again, I would like to form a proper relationship with you, outside of the relationship you have with my sons... "

I look at her surprised at what I just heard, she has tears running down her face, I just nod my head yes, I know that I can't speak as I am all choked up.
Alex rubbing my back to calm me down is working  wonders. The guys all have smiles on their handsome faces, you would think that they have just won a lottery.

Brianna stands up and says," this has been one eventful weekend,  how about we get together next weekend and celebrate,  right now we should go home and get some rest. What do you think?"

" I agree, family cookout at our home. What do you say to that Joy?" Asks their mum.
I am surprised by her again, and say, " that sounds really good. "

" Awesome,  we will see you and the boys next week then," says his mum. She walks around the table and comes to me, she hugs me as best she could,  because Axel wouldn't let go of me, she kissed my cheek,and whispered, " thank you," in my ear.