Chapter 26

Cades POV

I  feel Joy going limp next to me, I hold on to her and lift her up. I carry her over to the couch and lay her down gently.

I had planned ahead for any situation, yet I am still scared. I cannot even fathom what she must be feeling,  after hearing everything that has been revealed today.

Micah and Colton clear out the office, Alex is calling for an ambulance and Axel is helping me. We put a pillow under her head, and I check her pressure.  Her pressure is a little low, so I hook her up to a drip and add medication to stabilize her. Axel has a wet towel and is wiping her forehead.  It is ten minutes later and the ambulance has arrived,  Alex carries Joy and places her on the stretcher,  I take control as I am her doctor,  a heart and fetal monitor is attached to her.

Her heart is strong and her vitals are normal,  but I am all choked up at the sound of the four little hearts, beating rhythmically,  it is the first time that we are hearing our children and I look up at my brothers and they have tears in their eyes the same as me and Micah.
This feeling is overwhelming me, but I pull myself together and go into the ambulance with Joy. We get to the hospital and Joy is put into a private ward.

My brothers and I sit around the bed and watch her sleep, we are all touching her, we need the closeness that we have been deprived of for these past two months. The separation was difficult yet necessary.

We took turns watching her, to ensure her safety. We had joined forces with Micah and his team to investigate the Mercers and keep Joy safe, in these two months we have found many disturbing things.

We decided to bring it to an end today, as some people were getting too brazen thinking that Joy was on her own.  Murder for hire by her own family was the last straw, thankfully the organization that they had tried to hire, belonged to an old friend of Alex. 

We have given all the evidence necessary to put them behind bars for a long time. Hopefully they never get to see the light of day again.

We will have to explain everything to Joy once she wakes up, hopefully she will forgive us, it is a cold and lonely life without her, our home is cold and lifeless without her there. I look at her sleeping face, and she seems to have gotten more beautiful,  the thought that she is carrying our babies in her just makes her gorgeous.

My cellphone rings and we are all startled by the sound, I go outside the room to answer it. It is Micah, he is a little panicked. " Cade, thank God, I need you guys to beef up security around Joy and yourselves,  Alecia and Calvin have disappeared.  They have a substantial amount of money with them, I am afraid that they may try to hurt Joy again. Oh and just so you know those two are lovers and they won't stop at anything,  to get what they want. " he says.

" Do you have any clue as to where they are?" I ask.

" No, I do know that they are still local, they have not left the country yet, the international accounts are still active,  it is taking some time to freeze. So if they were just after the money they would leave the country,  we have eyes on every port of exit for them. " he says.

" Micah, thanks for handling the legal part of this whole situation. I promise that we will stop at nothing to keep Joy safe.

We will be moving to one of our hidden homes until this situation is handled. We will keep you informed of what is happening on our side, but let us know if you need our assistance. " I say.

" It would be best if she is not seen by anyone for a while, her safety is of the utmost importance.  I am trusting you guys with my only family, you have to keep her safe at all costs. Everything will take about two to three months to settle,  until then she needs to be kept safe. I will send you the documents to explain to her. I have to go, speak to you guys later, oh and ask your brothers to put their phones on." Micah says as he cuts the call.

I walk back in to the room, and see that Joy is awake, I walk up to her, I kiss her on the forehead and sit next to her. " hey, how are you feeling?" I ask.
" I am feeling okay, but very confused, can you guys explain this whole situation to me?" Asks Joy.

" We will explain everything to you, right now you have an appointment with your specialist," I say," and I am him, so lets have an ultrasound and have a look at these babies, I have already  taken your blood samples for testing. Do you have any questions about this?" I ask.

" Are you serious? Are you the only specialist in this field here in this hospital? We can try another hospital?" Says Joy.

" Joy, calm down.  I am the only one in this state, as there are not many multiple pregnancies.  Also, " I lean in close to he ear and say," I don't want anyone else touching what belongs to us."

I move away from her ear and say, " it would be good for you to remember that we are very possessive and protective of you, and now that you are pregnant,  we may just get worse. "

We all gather around Joy, as we are about to have the first glimpse of our babies on the ultrasound.  It is still too soon to tell the sex of the babies,  but everything looks healthy,  and I for one hope that it stays that way. I print five copies of the ultrasound,  four babies clinging to each other in their mother's womb, is there anything more precious?

I hand each of my brothers a copy, and place mine in my wallet. The fifth copy I hand to Alex,  he is going to visit our family to brief them about what's been going on and also to let them know about the pregnancy.

Keeping our family safe is paramount and after the appointment,  we head out to  our new home. We have tightened up security,  we have guys that Alex knows and trusts. We have to lay low until Calvin and Alecia are apprehended, they are a major problem.

We take forty five minutes to reach our new home, we are safe here as the house is registered under a shadow business name, and has no trace back to us. I have to say, Micah knows his stuff.