Chapter 31

After breakfast I went to the bathroom and indulged in a hot bubble bath, I am enjoying the warm water , I feel like my nerves are slowly untangling.

By the time I get out of the bathroom Micah, Dale and Brian are there sitting on my bed. The sight of them has me tearing up again.
" Stop that right now," said Micah.
Brian lifts me up and carries me to the bed,
"I need to walk to remain strong, you only told me that" I say.
"Once in a while won't harm you,  besides, we just want to pamper you. Do you know how much we missed you?" Said Dale.

"I missed you guys, and  right now all I want is to be you," I say.

"What is this all about?" Asks  Brian.

"For the first time in my life, I don't know who I am.  I am seriously tangled up like a ball of wool, confused, lost and heart broken."
The tears rolling down my face uncontrollably. I am confused and I don't know how to feel about all these new developments.

I cling onto Micah, I feel like if I let go of him, he might dissappear like an illusion.
My life feels like it was all make believe. I had parents who were not my parents,  grandparents who were not grandparents,  siblings who were not siblings,  what exactly am I?

I have so many questions,  but no one who could actually answer them. 

"Micah did any of our family know about my parentage?" I ask.

"Truth is baby girl,  I really don't know.  You know my relationship with this family was and still is not any good. I left home at 16 because of my sexuality. Although grandpa helped me with my schooling and living expenses behind my parents back. I thought I was the only dirty secret in our family. " He says.

"Are you going to change and leave me too?"

" No, never. You are my only blood related family. You know that I love you unconditionally?" He says while holding me tightly against his chest.

" Micah, I can loose everything I own, but I can't loose anymore of my loved ones; especially you!" With tears running down my face uncontrollably,  I cling on to Micah, " Please don't leave me," I beg.

He says nothing,  but just holds me while he kisses me on my cheeks. Dale and Brian just hold both of us, knowing that,  that is what we need of them.

I don't know how long we have been like that, because I had fallen asleep in Micah's embrace.

I wake up in desperate need for the bathroom. Brian carries me all the way to the bathroom and waits for me at the door. When I get out, Micah is the only one in the room waiting for me. He opens his arms for me, and I walk into his comforting arms.

" Joy, no more of allowing the past to control you, okay. We can ask all the questions but you and I know that we will never get the answers that we seek. We have more important things to do. " he says.

I know that what he says is true, so I just nod my head.

" What is the important things we have to do?" I ask.

"Protect our family. Let's find Calvin and Alecia and bring them to justice,  first.  Thereafter we have our babies to prepare for. Okay?" He says.

" Okay,  let's do this!"I say.

We walk out hand in hand, and head towards the lounge  where everyone else is already. As we enter, Alex runs to me and hugs me, " are you okay? How much have you cried, your eyes are all swollen " he says.

" I am okay now, love," I say as I caress his face. We walk over to the couch, Alex makes me sit on his lap.
Cade is in doctor mode checking my vitals and bp.
He kisses me when he is done and satisfied that all is well.
" Wow ,I should have more doctors visits, if I am going to get kissed like that every time." I say while giggling.

" Only if that doctor is me, " he growls.

"Possessive much", I say.

" Yes, we are," came a collective response.

We all have lunch together,  and then make our way to the home office.  The 8 of us need to discuss how to tackle the problems caused by our family.

" Micah can you fill us in on what you have discovered so far." Asks Colton.

" Joy are you sure you want to hear all this? You know we can handle this without you. " Said Axel.

" I want and need to be a part of this, so continue. " I say.

" Calvin and Alecia are still here in Kingstown,  they have been enquiring about all of you. Joy is still their main target. However the plan is no longer to kill her, but to kidnap her with hopes of getting a payday from you guys. " Says Micah.

" Well, there's no way that they are going to get near Joy," says Axel.

Brian speaks, " we need to end this soon, these two seem ready to pull this for the long game. I f we don't end it now they will have four more targets and we can't risk that."

" No! No one is touching my babies," I shout.

" Relax, baby, that is why we are here. We need a plan to draw them out and bring this toan end." Said Colton.

" I think I have an idea, " I  say.

" No way, you are not to get involved in this. We will handle this." Said Cade.