Chapter 22

Home felt cold, since the night that they ran into the woman named Alecia. I know there is a story there but they just won't let me in.

Today I was scheduled for a doctor's appointment,  I found a doctor who is not known to the Hunter brothers, whatever was wrong with me, I do not want them knowing about it, just yet, I have my suspicion. I am just really going to make sure.

Two hours later and the picture of the scans in my hand, I am sitting in my car in front of our home, unsure of whether I should tell them or not. Another hour goes by and I decided that we are married and they deserve to know, regardless of how they have been for the past week.

I go into the house feeling a little apprehensive and nervous, I hear their  voices in the home office. 

I can't hear the conversation clearly until I get to the door. I am nervous and anxious,  as there are raised voices, obviously the guys are having an argument,  but this is new to me, I have never heard them raise their voices like this. They are usually very accommodating to each other.

The door is slightly open, I peek into the room, trying not to be seen. I am surprised to see her in the office seated on the desk, Axel and Colton holding her hands rather intimately.

" I don't agree, with her moving in here. She had her chance and she left us. Six years we waited, and now that we are happy and married to a wonderful woman, she wants back. This is bullshit, " said Cade angrily.

" How exactly are going to explain to Joy, that you want to give your ex- girlfriend a place in our home, and that you are going to give your relationship another try even though you are a married man.  And just so you know, I want no part of her, Joy is the only one for me." Said Axel.

" I just want you both, to clearly remember what being with her means for our family.  Are you prepared for another split?" Asked Cade.

" Guys no need to fight, I don't want you to split,  I love Colton and Alex,  I  can learn to deal with you two, as well.  Anyway your promise is your bond. You made a promise to me now deal with it," said Alecia.

She sounds so arrogant and entitled.  I guess trying to place herself in someone else's marriage means nothing to her.

Hearing her speak like that to the men I love pissed me off. And before I could stop myself I entered the office, furious at the situation before me.

All eyes are on me.

" Joy," said a stunned Colton,  still holding Alecia's hand.
" What are you doing home so early, I thought you had an appointment."

" Yes, I did have an appointment.  However I did not realize that I needed permission to return to our home." I say,  holding in my tears. Knowing that I am headed for heart break. The look on their faces says it loud and clear. 

" I want to know what this is all about, as your wife, don't you think I should be a part of this conversation.  From what I am observing here, you are committing adultery here,
I say this looking directly at the trio by the desk. My heart feels like it is beating so hard that it will explode out of my chest and fall in a puddle on the ground. Please explain..."

They stand there dumbfounded at what I just said,  each one looking at the other no one brave enough to speak.

" Well,  if none of you want to  explain the situation before me, I take it that we are over.

I speak with an unknown confidence,  holding on to my last bit of dignity. "You speak of promises, well,  I release you from any promise you made to me. I will have my lawyer draw up the papers, divorce is the best way to go about with this. Anything you need clarity on, please contact  him." I say.