He didn't know about Alastair raping me.
Directly linked with that fact came, that he also didn't know that I was so lost and hopeless in Hell, that I gave Dean my spot to go back to earth.

The opportunity to just reveal something like that was way gone. That train had left the station when Dean discovered I was in the cell next to him.
Could've just told him the whole truth then.

I didn't even slow down on the main road, scared Dean could be behind me with his Impala. I'd just drive until the next city and then look at the compass.

Keep driving prevented that I started to start crying. I had to look at the road, be concentrated.

This was how it was supposed to be: Me alone hunting after Alastair. And if I'd fail, only I got killed. Sam and Dean, they had each other and practically a rough but loving uncle in Bobby.

I couldn't save my own family, maybe I could save theirs. And when I'd be done, I'd seal hell.

I finally pulled over, parking the truck for a second.
This whole plan wasn't really well structured. I hadn't even taken anything else with me: No water, no clothes, my credit cards, my ID, my bathroom stuff-
I just felt the weight of the compass in the palm of my hand.

Also it would come in useful that Bobby had a lot of weapons in his trunk, just like in Deans Impala. I bet that would be enough for now.

I had been going slightly off course but still in the right direction. I'd just have to follow that thing, there wasn't really any other option left for me.

With every kilometre I brought between Dean and me, it hurt even more. It was silly but I would miss him so damn much. When I came out of Hell I thought I was damned to stay hopeless and unhappy forever but somehow he got me to live again.
Actually live, not only surviving.

I sang karaoke, slept without nightmares and I started baking again.

Now I'd have to hold on to myself.

I drove 7 hours until I landed in Chicago. Only made two toilet stops, stole a few water bottles and kept going.  Out of all the cities in the US, I've actually never been to Chicago. But once again, I wasn't really here for some sight seeing, I was here to accomplish a mission.

The compass needle started to get shakier the more I got into the city centre and soon I had to abandon the truck on the side of the road: In front of me was a storage hall from a big enterprise. It didn't look exactly busy right now.

Yes, there were forklifts, wooden pallets and a few piles of rubble but no people at all. I took another look at the compass, which was going in circles by now: I was in the right place.

Here goes nothing.

I grabbed every weapon from Bobby's trunk I could possibly hold onto, then started gradually getting closer to the storage hall. These tactics, staying behind the wooden pallets for protection, using the blind spots in the shadows, it almost made me happy to go on a mission again.

This was what I was trained to do, what I was good at. I broke the lock on the supplier entrance, but something was still blocking the door when I tried to come in.

I used more force and realized it was a person laying on the floor.

I checked their pulse. Dead.

Alright, I was definitely in the right place. I scouted out the building, found 16 more bodies in total, all just randomly lying on the floor as if someone got them in the middle of their work.