CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE: One World Altering Event at a Time

The three of them crashed down onto the floor of the hotel, their briefcase tattered and sparking. "Where have you been?" Viktor exclaimed and as he stared down at the likes of them.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor. I don't recommend it." Five stumbled to stand.

"You had the briefcase? We've been looking for this!" Allison shouted then dropped to her knees to examine the smoking box.

"Yeah, we're peachy. Thanks for asking," Fleur remarked as Five helped her up.

"The case, well, look no further. That's the last one on Earth. Or was the last one." Allison tossed the smoking box and Five knelt back down to see if it had any hope.

"Yeah, that's toast." Fleur put a hand on her love's shoulder and he took a deep breath. Five didn't want to accept this as the end, but he wasn't one to ignore the information blatantly set before him.

Do not save the world.

Lila latched her arms around Diego in a hug. "Hey. You're happy to see me. What's wrong?"

Lila pulled back. "Turns out there's less time to hold grudges than I had planned. You're off the hook. Hey, where's Stan?"

"Excuse me. One second." Luther pulled Diego off to the side. "Did you and Allison get into some kinda fight last night?"

"Hell yes! We kicked some serious ass last night."

"What the hell's gotten into this family?" Luther glanced at his sister.

"I don't know, but it's awesome. A swear to God, I've never seen her do things like she did yesterday. She was brutal," Diego whispered. Luther looked back at her brooding on the staircase. "It's fine. You know, just needed to blow some steam off. I helped. She's good."

Fleur overheard and looked at Allison inquisitively. Yeahh, she's not good. She hesitantly walked over and sat down beside her. "Hey." Allison didn't respond. "I like the hair. It's cute."

Allison turned towards Fleur, her jaw length hair flipping around her. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be off with Five stirring up a new apocalypse or something?"

Fleur took a breath trying to hold back a snark. She licked her lips. "I just wanted to say that I know what it's like to lose everyone."

Allison glanced up at this then went back to staring absently. She scoffed. "You have no idea what it's like."

Fleur sighed. "I, uh, I didn't have a Claire or Raymond of my own, you're right... I lost my mom and sister... They were the only ones I had left. The only ones that understood. And I spiraled out of control. I guess I became my nightmares. I can't blame who I am today on that night—any night. I won't. But I understand needing to grieve and it really sucks for you that you don't have the time to get the closure you need." Allison's cold demeanor softened a little and her throat moved as she swallowed down a lump of hurt. "And when I lost Five too..." My breath shuddered. Allison looked at me in question. "I just want you to know that we may be distracted right now, but that doesn't mean we care any less."

Fleur gave a shaky sigh and Allison put a hand on hers. Fleur looked down at it. She didn't know what she was expecting, but it wasn't this. Allison gave her a small smile and she smiled back.

"Anyway." Fleur sniffled. "Um, family meeting. Good times." Allison scoffed a chuckle, a real smile returning to her lips making reliving the horror all worth it. Fleur walked over to Five and hugged him.

"You good?" Five asked.

She nodded her head. "Yeah.. Yeah. Long day. Let's get this thing started."

Number Five interrupted Diego and Luther, "Hey, Chatty Cathys, quit the chitchat, alright? I'm calling a family meeting here."