"I'll go find something to help," I said determinedly, refusing to give in to despair.

But as I tried to leave, Gabriel weakly grabbed my hand. "Please, don't leave me," he pleaded, his eyes filled with vulnerability.

I sat back down beside him, holding his hand tightly. "I won't leave you, Gabriel," I assured him, my voice filled with love and determination. "You're not alone in this."

As we pressed on, we tried to stay positive and supportive of each other, but the reality of our circumstances was daunting.

The desolate landscape seemed to stretch endlessly, offering no solace or relief.

"We need to conserve our energy," I said, trying to come up with a plan. "Let's rest for a while and continue once the sun starts to set. The cooler temperatures might make it easier."

Gabriel nodded, leaning against a tree for support.

With nowhere to take shelter, we settled under the shade of the tree, using whatever supplies we had left.

"We shouldn't have left that shelter," I said, a tinge of regret in my voice.

Gabriel reached out and held my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We did what we had to do," he said, trying to comfort me. "We can't change the past. All we can do is focus on finding a solution now."

As the rain poured down on us, our immediate predicament became both a blessing and a curse.

On one hand, the cool water brought some relief from the scorching heat, but on the other, it made our already challenging journey even more difficult.

As the rain intensified, we found ourselves drenched and shivering under the meager shelter of a lone tree.

The downpour seemed relentless, offering no respite from the harsh elements.

"We can't stay here for so long," I said, my voice barely audible over the sound of the pouring rain

Gabriel nodded, his teeth chattering from both the fever and the cold rain. "There's no other place nearby," he replied, his voice weak.

My heart sank, knowing that we were exposed to the elements with no refuge in sight. But I refused to let despair consume us.

"I have an idea," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "Let's use my jacket to keep you warm."

Without waiting for his response, I quickly removed my soaked jacket and submerged it under the rainwater pooling around us.

I wrung out as much water as I could before placing the damp jacket on Gabriel's hot forehead.

The coolness of the wet fabric brought some relief to his fevered skin. "Thank you, Athena," he said, his voice laced with gratitude.

"We'll make it through this," I said, trying to offer reassurance, though I couldn't help but worry about how we would endure this relentless rain.

As the cold weather intensified, our situation became increasingly dire.

Despite my efforts to keep him warm, Gabriel's fever and weakness only worsened.

We were both shivering uncontrollably, our bodies struggling to withstand the harsh elements.

"I'm so cold, Athena," Gabriel whispered, his teeth chattering.

"I know, Gabriel," I said, my voice trembling with worry.

Gabriel's strength was waning rapidly. His eyes fluttered, and I could see him struggling to stay conscious.

"Please, don't sleep, Gabriel," I pleaded, trying to keep him awake. "We need to keep going, find help."

He mustered a weak smile, his eyes filled with affection for me. "I'm so sorry, Athena," he said, his voice barely audible. "I want to sleep."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized the severity of the situation. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him, not after everything we had been through together.

"No, Gabriel, you can't sleep," I said, my voice breaking. "You have to stay awake. We'll make it through this together."

But Gabriel's strength had reached its limit. His eyelids drooped, and he struggled to keep his gaze on me.

"I love you, Athena," he said, his voice barely a whisper. "Remember that."

"I love you too, Gabriel," I said, my heart breaking as I held his hand tightly. "Please, don't leave me."

As the rain finally ceased, leaving behind a damp and chilly atmosphere, I mustered all my strength to light a fire.

After several attempts, I succeeded, and the flames provided some much-needed warmth and comfort.

I knelt beside Gabriel, who was still unconscious, and gently placed his hands near the fire, hoping the heat would help him regain consciousness.

"Gabriel, please," I said softly, my voice filled with both desperation and determination. "Stay with me. Don't go to sleep."

I brushed his damp hair away from his face, my heart aching at the sight of him in such a vulnerable state.

The fire crackled and danced, casting a warm glow on his pale features.

I spoke to him, recounting our memories, the moments we cherished together, and the dreams we had for the future.

I hoped that my words would reach him, that somewhere in his unconscious state, he would hear my voice and fight to stay with me.

"I love you, Gabriel," I said, my voice trembling. "I can't imagine a life without you. Please, wake up."

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I needed to be strong for Gabriel, to believe that our love and determination could overcome even the most dire of circumstances.

As I continued to tend to the fire, I thought back to all the challenges we had faced together.

Our love had been a constant source of strength, guiding us through the darkest of times. I knew we had to draw on that strength once again.

"Gabriel, you're a fighter," I said, my voice firm and unwavering. "Remember all the times we've overcome adversity together. Don't give up now."

I watched him closely, hoping for any sign of response. But he remained still, his breathing shallow and slow.

"I need you," I said, my voice breaking. "I need you by my side. Please, don't leave me."

The fire crackled and popped, the only sound in the desolate surroundings.

Suddenly I heard noises of helicopters again this time the sound was close..........