chapter xxvi.

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐"I hope nobody catch us

"I hope nobody catch us."
-  Childish Gambino, Les
└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

The remaining contestants were given a rest period before the rescue portion. Athena, to her grand luck, was able to get healed with a healing quirk at the nurse's area. Thank god, because she didn't want to run around with a broken ankle for another hour. She wanted her hero license, but she wasn't a fucking idiot.

She rolled her ankle, testing to make sure it was fully healed before following the rest of the contestants into the arena. She was surprised to see it completely remade, several city wreckages scattered across the massive space.

"The rescue portion will now begin."

"Let's get a medic station set up!" Someone called, pointing to a clear area.

People began to call out to one another, giving tips to navigating the wreckage. Athena set a teleport at the medic tent, ignoring the looks of others before running into the city. She moved towards a high point, glancing down before spotting an arm sticking out from under some rubble.

She jumped down, moving carefully to not disturb the rubble and create more trouble.

"Please don't move!" She called out. "You in the red long sleeve under the rubble." The distinction was important, in case there was more people, but she tried to stick to the dialogue Nezu drilled into her head.

She glanced around before wrenching a piece of rebar from the rouble. She leveraged it under the concrete slab.

"My name is Yoru." She spoke to the person. "I'm a hero. I'm here to help. I see your arm is free from the rubble. Please give me a thumbs up if you can breathe and move your limbs."

She was met with an enthusiastic hand.

"Great." She smiled, even though they couldn't see it. "Are you capable of pulling yourself from the rubble if I lift this? You'll only need to scoot yourself out and then I'll take you to a medic station."

The person hesitated before giving her a thumbs down.

"No worries." She glanced around. She'd have to get something heavy enough to hold the rubble up while she pulled him out. "Everything is going to be just fine!"

She slid a boulder close to the person, before prying the rubble upwards with the rebar using her body weight. She stood on the bar carefully before tugging the boulder over. She definitely could have thrown her back out and it probably wasn't the soundest idea, but she had no way to contact another hero.

She managed to shimmy the boulder onto the rebar and carefully drag the injured civilian free.

"Alright." She smiled as brightly as she could, tugging her mask off her face to look less threatening. It laid against her collarbone, the metal cold to the touch. "Are you feeling any pain in your head?"