chapter i.

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐"We are not the same, I am too reckless

"We are not the same, I am too reckless."
- The Weekend, Tell Your Friends
└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

Athena blinked as she bumped into the man. Two glove-clad hands shot out to steady her, grasping her by the arms tightly. The files in her hands scattered across the floor, and she scowled at the leather boots of the wall she had walked into.

"Sorry about that!" She let her eyes trail upwards, taking in the harsh leather jacket to match the black jeans and boots, to the slicked up blonde hair.

Athena couldn't stop the awkward flush as she recognized her boss.

She'd been working at Hand's Up Radio for three months now, just as an office worker and managing paperwork and coffee runs for the higher ups throughout the hero agency. Despite all the busy work and the several hero sidekicks she had run into, she never thought she'd run into Present Mic himself.

She let out a small squeak before shifting out of his grip and dropping to her knees to pick up the lost files. "I'm so sorry. I should have been looking where I was walking."

If she could look in a mirror right now, Athena was sure her face would be bright red.

She felt her face flush even more as the hero knelt to help her, carefully gathering the files and placing them within her hands, gently guiding her back to her feet.

She shifted the files to the crook of her arm, tucking a loose strand of hair out of her face as she met bright green eyes.

"Seriously," Present Mic smiled charmingly. "It's my fault. No need to apologize for my mistake."

Athena gave him a weak smile, craning her neck to meet his eyes. Damn he was tall.

"Let me make it up to you." He stated with a crooked grin teasing his lips as he fell into step beside her. Athena stared at her feet, arms tightening around the files within her hands. She couldn't help but smile at Present Mic's awkward steps, clearly shortening his stride to keep pace with her slower one.

Despite the fact that he was her boss and could get her fired at any moment, Athena felt an odd ease wash over her.

"And how would you do that?" She raised a brow.

"Coffee?" He offered with a wink. He gave a friendly bump, nudging his shoulder into hers. Faintly, Athena noticed the smell of chamomile and oak that floated around the hero.

Athena felt her face burn red again. "With all due respect, Present Mic, sir, that doesn't seem very professional-"

"Yamada is fine." He shrugged as he followed her to her desk. "Please. You're new here right? This is a small hero agency. I like to know all my employees personally."