Chapter 8 ~☆ I Promise ☆~

Start from the beginning

Rajvardhan's mind was a whirlwind of tumult of emotions. The idea of someone from the distant future, his own One Hundred and Fourteenth descendant from the 21st century appearing before him through what Pandit ji called " Time Travel," was beyond anything he had ever conceived.

In his Ninth-Century worldview, such concepts were the stuff of legends and myths, not something to be taken seriously.

He blinked, his gaze still fixed on some distant point, unseeing. His heart thudded loudly in his chest as he struggled to come to terms with this revelation.

The implications of what Pandit ji had shared were staggering - the advancements in knowledge, technology, and society that must have taken place for someone to traverse time itself were almost incomprehensible.

As he gazed into the distance, his thoughts raced. He pondered the implications of this encounter. Questions surged through his mind:

How was this even possible?

What was the future like?

How did his lineage survive for so many generations? And most perplexing of all, why did his Great Granddaughter make the effort to journey back in time to meet him.

How had this descendant of his managed to achieve this incredible feat?

What kind of world existed in the twenty-first century that made such things possible?

What had happened to the world he knew over these Twelve centuries?

Were his own actions and decisions somehow linked to this future that now seemed so distant and yet so intimately connected?

Rajvardhan's mind was in turmoil as he tried to process the unbelievable revelation. The concept of time travel itself was inconceivable in his time, let alone the idea that his own descendant had journeyed through Twelve centuries to meet him.

His traditional upbringing and worldview clashed with this extraordinary occurrence. The Ninth century was a time of simplicity, where the wonders of modern technology and the concept of time travel were utterly inconceivable.

He had heard tales of miracles and divine interventions, but this was something entirely different.

Despite Pandit ji's assurances and the evidence before his eyes, Rajvardhan found it difficult to reconcile his understanding of reality with this surreal encounter.

He felt a mix of awe, disbelief, and a tinge of fear at the implications of tampering with time itself.

Pandit Ji's words echoed in his ears , urging him to accept the truth before him. But it was a truth that challenged the very foundations of his understanding.

He had been taught to revere tradition, to uphold the beliefs and practices of his time.

Time travel was beyond the realm of those beliefs, a disruption in the natural order as he perceived it. He found himself torn between his rational skepticism and the undeniable truth before him.

Yet, the evidence was before him. A person, dressed in attire that seemed both foreign and strangely intriguing, her mannerisms, and the inexplicable technology she carried with her were beyond anything he could fathom.

Rajvardhan's thoughts swirled like a tempest within him, torn between the teachings of his era and the undeniable reality standing right in front of him.

Sitting there in stillness, he began to realize that this moment was much bigger than him - it was a bridge connecting two distant eras, two vastly different worlds.