Chapter 23 ~ ☆ In the Abyss of Guilt ☆ ~

Vote, Comment & Share !!!

■▪︎¤▪︎●▪︎•■•▪︎●▪︎¤▪︎■

Parthvi's breath grew shallower with each passing moment, as if her life force were slipping away with every exhale

Panditji and Rajvardhan exchanged worried glances as they watched the young girl's life slip away before their eyes. Witnessing her struggle for life right before their eyes was agonizing; they felt utterly helpless, their hearts heavy with despair and eyes brimming with tears.

" Panditji, please, there must be something you can do. We cannot stand by and watch her slip away like this. " Rajvardhan pleaded, his voice laced with desperation.

Despite his immense power and authority, Rajvardhan felt utterly impotent in the face of this crisis.

He held dominion over vast territories, commanded formidable armies, yet he was utterly powerless to save the life of this innocent girl who had traveled across centuries, from the future to meet him, trusting that he would accept her into his family.

Now, he found himself unable to save the innocent girl who had come seeking his acceptance.

" Parthvi, you placed your trust in me, and I betrayed that trust. You came here from a distant future, seeking nothing but acceptance and love from your family. Yet, I subjected you to suspicion and hostility, treating you as an enemy rather than my own blood. " Rajvardhan lamented inwardly, overwhelmed by guilt and remorse.

He reached out to gently caress her forehead, his heart heavy with emotion. " Today, I acknowledge you as my descendant, a true Agnivanshi, a part of Shauryagardh, my family. You are my Granddaughter, who journeyed across centuries to meet her Great-Great-Grandfather. Forgive me for my ignorance and cruelty. " He whispered, planting a tender kiss on her forehead.

Panditji, with teary eyes, bore witness to the poignant scene unfolding before him. A subtle, sorrowful smile graced his lips as he spoke softly to himself.

"I wish, Princess, that you were conscious to hear this. You would have been so delighted. This is what you wanted to hear, isn't it?" He murmured, gazing affectionately at the newfound connection between the Grandfather and Granddaughter.

Wiping away his tears, Panditji swiftly delved into Parthvi's belongings, his eyes widening in surprise. From her first aid kit, he retrieved a pulse meter, thermometer, and oxygen-checking equipment, along with a few medicines.

Despite his mastery in ancient medicinal practices such as Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy, which made modern medical devices unnecessary for him.

But he was now determined to explore all possible means to save Parthvi's life, even if it meant using these modern tools.

While adept in fields like the four Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas, horse riding, sword fighting, wrestling, and strategic games like chess, but now he found himself questioning his abilities for the first time.