Party (part 2)

Balloons pov

Nickel sits on the bed as I walk into the bathroom to wash my hands. I leave the door open, since I was just... washing my hands. Trophy really did something to himself... I grab the handwash and rub my fingers together. I look over at nickel, who is lying down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. He suddenly sits up and looks at the window, like he heard something. Then he shuffles to the window on his knees and presses his face against it. 

Cute.

I run my hand under the warm water and watch the bubbles sink into the drain. I start thinking about things. The way nickel looked at me when I stopped the cup from hitting him, he looked... surprised, for one. But there was something about that look that just didn't seem right. Not in a bad way though, because for some reason it sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I also think about the little friend group I'm now part of. Baseball, suitcase, nickel and I. It just feels so nice... to be part of one again. We've already made some -more than nickel worth- memories and I'm glad I can laugh with someone again.

"Balloon close the tap!" Nickels voice interrupts my thoughts. I quickly look down and realise the warm water is still running on my hand. The bubbles were long gone now. I close the tap as fast as I could.

"C'mon you gotta save the water man!" Nickel says, now standing at the entrance of the bathroom.

"Hehe sorry" I say, smiling awkwardly. I walk out and turn off the light. Nickel returns to his spot at the window. When he sees I'm out, he starts talking.

"Oh and uh- thank you again, for saving me from wasting even more water and taking a whole shower."

"No problem" I say, sitting next to him and putting my hand on his back.

"But by how long you kept the tap on I don't think it would've made a difference."

"Hey!" I say lightheartedly.

"Seriously though, what were you thinking about? You were clearly lost in thought"

"Oh hey, nothing." I can't tell him what I was really thinking about. He looks at me suspiciously but thankfully doesn't push the questions forward.

"Whatcha looking at?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"Remember that picture we sent bristle head during the video call. The one suggesting their crush on lightbulb."

"Yeah?"

"Look." Nickel points his foot towards the corner of the window. I look in the direction to find paintbrush and lightbulb giggling in the ground. But then, lightbulb KISSES PAINTBRUSH ON THE NOSE?!?

"Wait, they're really dating?" I ask.

"I think they just started. I'm pretty sure the kiss I witnessed a few seconds ago was their first kiss because painty looked like they were about to faint."

"Ooooh. We should go congratulate them!"

"You mean confront."

"What, no? Of course not!" I say, confused. Nickel just looks away.

"We should go down now"

"Agreed"

We both step out of the room and make our way downstairs.

Baseballs pov:

Suitcase and I wait for nickel and balloon to come down. Suitcase is currently scolding me on why I interfered with the whole fruit punch situation.

"What? I just love teasing nickel!"

"Well he was staring at balloon and clearly nervous! If you didn't interrupt him they could have KISSED."