Outdoor conversation

Balloon's pov

I walk around the hotel bored, as I try to think of something to do. I'm just not feeling it today I guess. I step outside and breathe in the fresh air. It clears my mind but doesn't really help. 

I sit down on the grass outside and look around at the plants surrounding me. Just some stray daisies and endless grass. I pluck a daisy and look at it for a bit, trying to muster up something I could do with it. I remember that these daisies decide your love life when you pluck their petals. Not that I have anyone (authors note: YET 🤭🤭). I look up at the sky and watch the shapes the clouds are making to pass the time.

Nickels pov

I get off my phone, realising I've been on it for way too long. I look out my room window and try to catch some drama going on outside. In hotel oj there's always something going on. 

But all I see is a salmon coloured shape in the corner of my eye. I look closer and realise it's balloon. He was staring into the sky. Since I have nothing to do, I exit the room and go outside toward him. 

"Hey balloon" I say slowly. He snaps out of whatever he was staring at and looks at me. 

"Oh hi!"

"Whatcha doing" I ask, sitting down next to him. 

"I was just looking at the clouds," he replies. "Look at the shapes they're making". I look at the slowly drifting around, making new shapes every so often. 

"Why.." I ask. 

"Oh, I had nothing to do really, I was just bored" he says, looking at me. I look back at him and smirk

"Wow, you don't even have anyone to talk to? Typical balloon" I retort. 

"Oh c'mon" he says, but then he laughs. 

"Wait- you're not mad?" 

"Nah, I mean, I'm talking to you so..." he says, still laughing and now smirking. 

"Wha-HEY" I say defensively but I start laughing with him. 

It wasn't even that funny but I really liked this feeling. I look at him while laughing and he looks kinda c- WAIT-NO WHA-. I briefly stop laughing as I realise what I just thought. Balloon looks at me concerned. 

"Are you ok?" He says. 

I snap out of it and reply. "Yeah heh, don't worry". 

I look at him and without realising, I start admiring the fact that he was concerned for me. He looks back and waves his hand in my face, and I realise I'm staring AGAIN. I shake my head and look everywhere but at him. I try to come up with something to say quickly. I notice a flower in his hand. 

"What's that?" I say hurriedly. I seriously just asked him to tell me what a flower was 😃🔫. 

"Oh, it's a daisy" he replied. 

"They tell you about your love life". 

"Oh, how?" I ask.

Balloon starts explaining to me how people sometimes pluck the petals of the daisy while saying "they love me, they love me not" and whichever phrase they say on the last petal, is the fate of their relationship. 

"Oh, cool" I say. 

"Why do they say 'they love me not' instead of 'they don't love me'? I think that's kinda weird." I continue

"It's like that in poetry I guess." He replies. 

"What do you know about poetry.." I joke. But I almost instantly regret it as he pulls out a red notebook, with "stories and poems" written on the front. 

"WAIT, YOU WRITE POEMS?" I say surprised. 

"You didn't know that?"

"Of course I knew, that's totally why I asked" I say sarcastically. 

Balloon laughs and I can't help but smile as I watch him. He looks so nice when he laughs, and I can't really deny that anymore. I need to make him laugh like that more

______________

Authors note:

HELLO AGAIN

660 words (I'm doing a bit better yEAH)

Nickel finally realises 🤭🤭

Ok anyways BYEEE

______________