Starry night

____________

Authors note: SO I GOT A WAVE OF INSPIRATION AND I WASNT GONNA WASTE IT.

ENJOY THIS EXTRA LONG CHAPTAHHH

____________

Nickels pov

As I lay in bed, I think about what happened yesterday. Man, I don't even know if balloon realised that we indirectly

...kissed...

because he had literally no reaction whatsoever. I look up at the dark grey ceiling, and I feel my heartbeat quickly beating in my chest. It almost feels like it wants to break out of my ribs. Damn, even my heart wants to escape these feelings for him. Except that's not how it works. I suddenly realise that we both literally live in the same room, so I look to my right to see him... looking right back at me. 

Don't panic

I awkwardly smile for 2 seconds before getting up, still looking at him.

"Staring at people is creepy man" I say

"I-huh? Oh- sorry nickel, I was kinda zoned out, I guess I was staring at you be accident" 

"Oh, it's ok." I say. That fact doesn't make me feel relieved for some reason. Instead, I feel my face heating up even more. WHY I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF HIM THIS TIME. I figure it was because I know he isn't sleeping now. Speaking of sleep...

"Why aren't you sleeping balloon?"

"I could ask you the same question"

"Good one, but usually you're asleep at this time and I'm not. Why are you awake?"

"I just can't sleep, that's all. I think I had coffee at 4 today and I'm starting to regret it"

"Oh.."

We both sit in silence. It wasn't exactly awkward, but kind of weird knowing the other was awake.

"Nickel?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna explore the place"

"Do you mean the hotel?"

"Of course I mean the hotel nickel, c'mon"

Balloon gets out of bed, and I swear, this guy has no drowsiness whatsoever. Heck, he looks like he just had a power nap. Full of energy, somehow. I catch myself admiring his enthusiasm again and shake myself out of it as I quickly get up. He walks outside and I follow him. 

We go downstairs and it looks so different... obviously because it's like 1am, but it looks so cool.

"Don't you think it would be so much more fun to do the stuff we do in the day, but at night?" Balloon says

"Duh, isnt that why we're here? '' I reply.

We walk into the kitchen and I find a half eaten piece of chocolate cake in the fridge. 

"I wonder whos that is" I say

"It's mine," balloon says. "They gave it with my coffee"

"Can we have it?" I ask. I actually feel like having a midnight snack right now.

"Sure, one sec" balloon grabs the cake and puts it in the microwave and sets it for 10 seconds.

"Why are you doing that?" I ask confused.

"It tastes better warm, you don't mind right?"

"Nahh, go ahead" I say.

Balloons pov

Nickel watches the cake as it spins around in the microwave. My eyes are on the seconds though. As soon as it reaches 00:01, I quickly press the stop button. But I had to kind of, lunge forward to do that, and I bumped into nickel and put him off balance. I quickly realise what I did and grab his sides before he fell. He looks relieved, but starts looking a little... red? I realise I'm staring at him and quickly let go. 

"Are you ok?" I ask

"Y-yeah no, I'm fine" he replies. He looks kind of dazed and his face is still slightly red.

"Are you sure? You look kind of red.."

"Me? N-no, I'm perfectly fine, HAHA, don't worry about me" he says. Why does he sound nervous?

"Ok.. I'll take your word for it. Also, I'm sorry for bumping into you, I can't let the microwave beep yknow.."

"Oh it's fine, don't worry about it" he says. I'm glad to hear that. I take the cake out of the microwave and grab 2 spoons. Nickel suggests we sit outside and eat it, so I follow him out.

We sit down on the cool grass. It's not too cold tonight, enough to be comfortable. The warm cake makes it better. I look at nickel as he looks up in awe. I notice what he's looking at, stars. Millions and millions of them. 

"Aren't they pretty" I say

"No, totally not, that's why I'm staring at them balloon" he says sarcastically.

I sigh and giggle. "Nickel, put your sarcasm away, they are pretty though, right?"

He nods his head while eating his part of the cake. 

We both look at the stars while making some conversation, but eventually it becomes a comfortable silence between us. I think about how much better our relationship has become over the past few days. I'm really happy with it.

Suddenly I feel some weight on my shoulder. I look beside me and realise nickel fell asleep.. on me. I look at his face. He looked so peaceful and relaxed, he doesn't usually look like that. It's kinda cu- wait-WHA-NO. Did I just think that? I MEAN- I look at him again and my heart picks up its pace. WHY AM I THINKING THIS. I sit there awkwardly for a few minutes, watching nickel and fighting away my thoughts. Then I realise that we have to get back inside. 

I think about waking nickel up, but he looked so content, I didn't want to ruin that. The only way we can get to our bedroom is if I carry him. I pick him up bridal style as I feel butterflies come to my stomach. WHY AM I FEELING THIS. I pick up the empty plate and walk back inside. I throw the plate away and carefully carry nickel towards the elevator. I look at his face and I feel the blush creeping up my face. This feeling... I can't process it. I press the elevator button and try to distract myself with the background elevator music. That kinda hard to do because HE IS LITERALLY IN MY ARMS. The doors open on our floor and I enter our room. I slowly walk to his bed, trying not to wake him up. I place him down and he slightly stirs. He wraps himself up in his covers and quickly falls asleep again. I sigh in relief as I sit down on my own bed.

All this made me sleepy too. I want to think about why I've been feeling weird towards nickel all night, but I'm too sleepy for that. I close my eyes and feel the world fade away...

_______________

Authors note

HEY GUYSS

IM LOVING THIS CHAPTER

BALLOON FINALLY REALISES AHAHAHAHA

1079 WORDS 🤩🤩

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT

_______________