Part 35

Jisungs POV

I play with my rings, nervously stepping from one foot to the other.

I'm already fully dressed in my show outfit standing in the hallway outside the dance room.
I hear the muffled music from the group before us.

I have practiced half the night. Danced my part again and again. Screwed up again and again.
Today everything has to go smoothly. Minoh will kill me if I ruin our presentation. I want to do it well.
For me and for him. And for Chan and Changbin of course.

I'm so lost in my thoughts, I don't even notice Minho joining us.
He nudges my side and I flinch.
"Are you ready? We're next" he says without looking at me.

"I...yeah...I guess so," I stammer. Get upset with myself at the same moment.

I look at Minoh. He's wearing black pants, black boots and a white shirt with a leather harness over it. My breath almost catches in my throat. He's extremely good-looking, I think and catch myself staring.

I quickly turn my head to the side and hope Minoh didn't notice.
Normally I would get a comment pressed from him right now, but Minoh is completely focused on the dance room door.

I'm almost a little crestfallen. I really made an effort with my outfit to match the concept. Felix even came over and helped me with the styling.

But what do I expect? Minoh is completely in professional presentation mode.
Only that doesn't make it any easier for me. I'm so nervous and he's super composed. Barely pays attention to me.

No need to pout about it, I guess.
Just focus Han.

The door opens and the teacher comes out.
He signals us to follow him.

Hesitantly, I tiptoe into the room behind Minoh.
The teacher and two other persons take their seats and get their things ready.

Now it's getting serious. My pulse is at least 500 beats. I feel like I'm about to keel over but at the same time I'm going through the roof.

I mentally fall into a lousy spiral characterized by my fear of failure and hatred to be in the spotlight. I really feel extremely uncomfortable.

My thoughts are circling and my body is rigid.

Suddenly I feel a warm hand on my shoulder.
Minoh stands up in front of me and looks at me urgently.

"You are a good dancer. Just concentrate on me and let yourself fall into the music. It's your lyrics, your song Han. Enjoy it and block out everything else"

I gulp, quite irritated by the suddenly so gentle and uplifting words.

Minoh leans in even further and whispers in my ear.
"You look very good Hannie by the way".

Immediately the blush shoots up my face as I feel minoh's light breath on my neck and his sweet words penetrate through my ear.

He moves away from me and positions himself. Still I don't miss his slight smirk.

The teachers call for the start of the performance.
I get into position, look at Minoh again. I nod to him, I'm ready.
I'm going to do it well. For him.

The first sounds of my song ring out and an overwhelming lightness spreads inside me. I think of Minoh's words:

It's your lyrics, your song Han. Enjoy it and block out everything else.

His words have given me so much peace and strength. Confident and convincing, I put myself fully into every step and movement.
Everything fits. Our movements are fluid, almost as if we were one. I look only at Minoh and the rest of the space around us fades. I pull myself to him and push him away. The performance is going perfectly.

And yes, even the step. The one that always goes wrong. Almost automatically, I just did it as I lose myself in Minoh's sight.
The music and the movement, his touch.
It's like a rush that pulls me along. My body does everything close to by itself.

We reach the final pose, the music stops.
Between Minoh and me no leaf would fit anymore. We greedily draw in each other's breath, wet with sweat we stick together. Time almost stops.

We separate suddenly when the teacher claps his hands loudly.

"This is exactly the kind of performance I expected from you, Mr. Lee. But you Han have also impressed me. I will let your group pass with flying colors."

The teacher nods at us and leaves the room with the others.
As if rooted to the spot, minoh and I stand next to each other until the door closes.

I am intoxicated. Without thinking about it I turn to Minoh and jump into his arms, beaming.

He receives my attack with open arms, lifts me a bit and spins me around once.

"You did it Hannie! All the steps were perfect!" Minoh blurts out.

"We were so good," I join in.

Still we remain in a tight embrace and beam at each other. While he puts me down, my hands slowly glide through his hair and neck and remain there for a moment.

Minoh's grip is still tightly wrapped around my waist as well. My surge of euphoria slowly subsides and I realize more and more the situation we are in right now.

Completely overwhelmed by adrenaline and joy another feeling mixes in.

I slowly pull my hands back and slide along Minoh's jawbone.

Suddenly, a flashback knocks me out, my eyes rapidly wandering back and forth while my brain tries to process the images that just appear.

The pool. Saturday night.
Minoh is standing in front of me. His hair is dripping wet into his face. My fingers slide through it.
He's so close his features shimmering blue in the light.
My hand travels down his face along his jawline to his mouth.
Before I stroke his lips, I feel a firm grip on my wrist.

It all blurs slightly again. I squint my eyes.
I can't let it slip away again.

Blue light again. Minoh is only a few inches away from me. I feel hot and hazy. I bite my lower lip. His hand is around my waist and I claw into his shirt.
Pull me close to him and...

I tear my eyes open, seeing a confused Minoh standing in front of me.
"Han? I asked if everything is okay? What's wrong with you?" I hear him say.

My thoughts are racing. I'm blushing, my whole body is on fire. Out of reflex, I grab my lips.
What did I do?
I really kissed him?
Have I gone insane?

What else happend between us that i cant remember?

Minoh suddenly shakes me. Repeats his question.
I come back to myself a little.

"Yes, I ... yes. Need water," I stammer out. Not able to say anything else right now.

Minoh looks at me skeptically and then let go of me just as Chan and Changbin come in cheering.

"Full marks! Good job guys!" shouts chan.
"Drinks tonight" adds changbin. Both besiege minoh and everyone rejoices.

I'm still standing in the same place. Completely absent and lost. Trying helplessly to calm down and get my heartbeat under control.
I look at Minoh as Chan pushes me outside.

What do I do now? Shit...