Part 8

Jisung POV

I wake up on the sofa and the sun falls in my face. Tired, I rub my eyes. Felix still sits together on the floor with his head on the table. Why didn't Innii put him down, I wonder. I'm starting to sit up.

I move my hand to Felix's shoulder and shake it slightly. Slowly and moaning, the little sunshine blinks its eyes out of tiredness.

At the same moment I hear Seungmin and Jeongin slurring down the stairs. We all greet each other briefly. I'm looking over at Jeongin. "Thank you for putting me to bed." He just looks at me confused. "Don't know what you mean" and head towards the kitchen. Seungmin also shows no reaction.

I remain confused in my thoughts. I didn't imagine that, did I? I remember exactly this pleasant smell and warm feeling but...

A little later we sit in the kitchen and are deepened into breakfast. I hang over a cup of coffee, I don't like eating so much in the morning. I am so deep in my thoughts, while the others talk that I don't even notice how Minoh comes into the kitchen. Only him talking to Jeongin does my focus snap back into reality.

I pattern him intensely as I secretly squint at him from my cup. He wears an overshized white tshirt and grey sweatpants. His hair is fluffy and unmade.

He even looks good in the morning. Wait a minute? Get yourself together Han.

Minoh sits down at the end of the table and eats. The others dont feel bothered and continue their conversations.

Jeongin suddenly asks in my direction. "Jisungiie, if you don't eat anyway, can you get some new cereal in the pantry?" "Uh, sure. I will find it"I stem  a bit awkward and leave the kitchen.

Once I m in the storage room, I scan the shelves. "Cereals... cereals "I mumble to myself as I search. "Ah there." Finally, I found it.

The cereals package is at the top of the shelf. Great, I think. I stand on the tips of my toes and try to reach the pack with my fingers as I notice a smell that is somehow strangely familiar. At the same time, I feel a warm body stretching over my side and grabbing the cereal pack i try to reach.

"Still a little too short Hannie" I hear the words in my ear.

Freed from my short stare, I jump aside and turn around all flustered. Minoh stands next to me and observes me a bit to amused for my taste.

"D do you u have to s-care me like this?" I hiss  quietly and less convincingly than I wanted.

Why am I always like that when I m so close to him?

Minoh who hardly reacts to what I say approaches me a little, so I bump back against the shelf.   
I dont dare to look into his eyes and try to keep my heartbeat under control.

I already feel my red cheeks after the nickname Hannie rolled over his tongue so easily.

Before he comes even closer, he pushes the cereal pack into my hand and turns around. He stops at the door frame and looks over at me again.

"Next time try to sleep in the living room directly and not on the kitchen table." With the words he turns around and leaves for good.

I still remain completely confused about what just happened.

Sleep right in the living room? I repeat the sentence in my head. Then the realization strikes in my head and breaks through my thoughts. The familiar pleasant smell... That was Minoh?? Carrying me to the living room?! At the thought I notice how more redness rises in my face.

Calm down, Han. I say to myself. It's just Minoh... You don't even care.