Part 24

Jisung's POV

Hyunjin's house is in an extremely fancy neighborhood. Felix and I are standing in front of the gate to his exit, still waiting for the others.

A short time later, Seungmin arrives. "Well what's going on Jisungii?" marvels Seungmin. "I hardly recognized you."

Do I really look so different?

Offended, Felix clears his throat next to me. "Yeah, you always look good anyway, Lix," he replies.

"Shall we go inside?" Seungmin asks us promptly. "What about Innie?" I frown."He already came here to get ready with Minoh earlier" Seungmin just says and moves towards the gate.

I'm getting nervous. So Minoh is here too. Of course he's here... after all, Hyunjin is one of his best friends. I try to be calm and cool.

In fact, I've gotten more used to Minoh in the last few weeks. After all, we're always together, whether it's at rehearsals or through our friends.
Still, I can't find a normal way to deal with him. I constantly get nervous or distracted around him.

I can never put my finger on where it comes from though... It's weird.

The three of us stand in front of the door.

Intrigued, I watch as Hyunjin falters for a moment at the sight of Felix. They hug and both blush a little.
This is really too cute. Somewhat awkwardly, they disengage and Hyunjin invites us all in.

His house is insane. In amazement, my eyes glide over the huge open living area.
"Drinks are in the kitchen and back there is the dance floor and garden. Make yourselves at home" Hyunjin explains, winking briefly at Felix before mingling again.
Even though the house is huge, it's still full of people. Who even knows so many people, I ask myself.

The three of us are still standing in the entrance area and probably look a bit lost. A short moment later, someone taps me from behind. I turn around and look into Chan's face.
I am happy to see a familiar face and we greet each other. "Man Jisung. You really look different today. I already know exactly who will be amazed later" he quips.
I'm not sure what he means, but I don't have time to ask. Chan is already pushing us towards the living room, where I already spot Jeonging's fuzzy head through the crowd.

He runs towards us joyfully and hugs us all at the same time. From the looks of it, the youngest already had a chance to drink a little.
We sit down together on the sofa corners and start chatting. The music is loud and the rooms are really crowded, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
With my friends together, everything is actually fun.

I let my gaze glide around the room and observe the people. A bit away, Hyunjin stands and talks with others from the school.

From my angle, I can see very well how he keeps looking over at Felix and Felix at him.
When their eyes meet, the other one always looks away. I find it really funny, because it is quite obvious that both want to talk to each other.

I nudge Felix, who is engrossed in a drinking game with Seungmin and Jeongin.

"Come on Lix. Now go over to him already. It can't have been for nothing that we spent hours styling you."
I seem to have encouraged him with my words, because he stands up, straightens his clothes and walks over to Hyunjin.

I proudly watch my little sunshine as he casually beams with joy while talking to Hyunjin.
My job here is done, I think, and lean back.

My gaze continues to roam through the room like this but at one point it stops.

At first I hadn't noticed, but Minoh is standing on the other side of the room, engrossed in a conversation with one of the girls from the parallel class.
I can really see how she flirts with him and touches him inconspicuously on the arm while talking.
The way she cozies up to him... ridiculous.

I wrinkle my nose and want to look away, but somehow I don't manage to do it.

Why does it upset me so much that Minoh is there flirting with the girls.

It's not like it's unexpected. At least he looks extremely good again today.

Wait... come on, Han.
It doesn't matter to you, right?