Britney/Brittany 2x02

Start from the beginning

"I know." Venus nods, "And I've regretted that every single day since I left."

"Then why did you never change it?" Blake shrugs, "If you felt so guilty then why didn't you make any effort to reach out?"

"I just didn't think you'd want to see me."

"Well why would you think that changed then?" Blake snaps, "We didn't need you then and we certainly don't need you now."

"Blake." Aaron scolds.

"No Aaron. She's right." Venus admits, "I wasn't here. You guys have learned how to navigate life without me." She says, looking at her children sadly. "But I'm back for the long haul." She nods, "I'll find a way to fit into your guys' equation."

"Unbelievable." Blake scoffs. "I'm going to bed." Blake shakes her head, and makes her way towards the stairs.

"I'm gonna go with her." Derek nods.

"Alright." Aaron says softly. "Goodnight guys, I love you."

"Love you too." Both children mutter.

"I love you both." Venus yells.

Neither kids even acknowledge what their mother said. They both continue their journey upstairs, slamming their doors as they enter their bedrooms.

           ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

     "Alright." Mr. Schue claps, "Who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?"

"He discovered America." Brittany answers.

Blake would normally find Brittany's response hilarious, but ever since last night she hasn't exactly been in the most laughing mood. She sits in the back of the classroom, slouching in her chair. The bags under her eyes are pretty evident due to the lack of sleep she got, knowing her father allowed her mother to sleep in their house.

"Close." Mr. Schue nods, slightly concerned by the blonde's answer. "He did write an iconic
chart topper: 'Sailing.'"

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt shakes his head.

"Never heard of him, don't want to hear about him." Tina shrugs.

Mr. Schue ignores the student's concerns, "Now some people think of the term 'Easy Listening' as a bad thing. But I'm going to let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and the Rolling Stones... and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled, and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you." He explains.

"Yeah, or it can put them to sleep." Blake counters, grimacing at the sheet music.

"How could you get caught between the moon
and New York City?" Finn asks, confused. "They're like a hundred miles apart."

"It's a song hun." Blake points out, slightly condescending.

"Don't call my boyfriend hun." Rachel snaps.

"She calls everyone hun." Quinn says, looking back at the girl.

Blake sends a sarcastic smile over to Rachel, and gives Quinn a small thank you for defending her. "Mr. Shue? If I may." Kurt says, raising his hand.

Mr. Schue nods, and Kurt continues. "I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary,"

"Oh no, I hate it." Blake jumps in.

Kurt laughs slightly, "It's just that, as teens,
this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members.
The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School
Glee Club performs a number by...Wait for it..." He smiles excitedly, "Ms. Britney Spears."