TWENTY-ONE

Onika Tanya.

"Mommy- never mind." I turned around about to walk back up the steps, I am so sick of seeing a demon sitting at the island counter.

"Onika come back." I turned around taking slow steps towards them, her little boyfriend is always here, every single fucking day, what he needs to do is go croak already—he should be in jail but you know my mom dropped the charges, her bitch ass.

"Ma'am?"

"Why are you avoiding me?" My father spoke.

"Because..." I trailed off and they waited for an answer, I wasn't gone give them one but I felt uncomfortable how they were staring. "I'm gonna go to my room now-"

"You always go to your room, I'm concerned Onika." My mom spoke.

"I wonder why." I muttered under my breath.

"Huh?"

"I said I feel comfortable there, unless you're gonna take that away from me too." They're treating me like a baby or whatever, they hide all sharp things away from me, they locked the medicine away and put those things on the windows that alarm you when it gets opened because they figured out I've been sneaking out, I have no freedom whatsoever.

"We're trying-"

"I bet you are." I folded my lips back.

"This gentle parenting ain't working Carol." My father looked at my mom.

"It's a good approach and a sudden change." My mom smiled at him, seemed so force like she was telling him to shut up.

"She's being so hard headed, my way was much better."

"You mean almost beating me to death? Why is this man still in our house?!" I raised my voice on accident, it just slipped out. "Is it because you don't have money and you need someone to pay the bills or..."

"Onika, I cannot tolerate this disrespect, what has happened to you?!"

"What happened was that lil gay girl, I'll be damned if I let my daughter sit here and tell me she likes pussy." My dad sized me.

"You're gonna let him talk to me like that?" I looked at my mom and she looked away, oh but when I say something back I'm disrespectful.

"That gay girl is affecting the way you think, you've been disrespectful to your mother and me, that isn't what I taught you." My father pointed at me.

"You ain't teach me shit, I've been disrespectful because I hate you and I'm starting to hate you too." I pointed at my mom. "I don't care what you do with this man, keep him out of my life and out of my way or I'll leave, I'm being dead ass serious, Carol." I walked away going to my room and locking my door.

I hate being here.

I grabbed my phone FaceTiming Beyoncé and she had a huge smile on her face, she's always smiling.

"Hi Onika, wanna play roblox? Someone said you wouldn't want to but I wanted to call and ask you myself but you ended up calling me first."

"Pick a game." I opened roblox, my avatar was so bummy but I'm not spending money on Robux.

When I joined Bey she was dressed up, she had on all the expensive shit but in roblox, where does she get her money from?

"Beyoncé..."

"Onika?"

"Never mind."

"Can I buy you some Robux? I can't be seen by a noob, it's embarrassing." Oh?