FIVE

Onika Tanya.

"Maraj!" The doctor yelled, I was quick to stand up and walk over to them.

"Yes?" I hope it's good news about my mom, the police already questioned me and it felt like they were repeating the same questions for hours.

"Your father is out of surgery and is doing well, your mom is doing good so far, there was a lot of internal damage and from the looks of it, some of it has been there for a while." The doctor stated, it took some worry away.

"Oh." I nodded.

"Do you want me to show you where your fathers room is?"

I hesitated but nodded again and then looked back at Robyn waving her over. The doctor took us to my sperm donors room and he looked better than my mom, a knife to the stomach didn't do much?

"I'll leave you here."

"Can you tell me what happened now?" Robyn crossed her arms.

"I finally fought back, that's what happened." I sat down staring at the man, the man who claimed to love me.

"What happens after this?"

"I don't want him to go to jail, he's still my-"

"Shut the hell up." Why'd she ask if she was going to tell me to shut up.

"What?"

"Yes I'm just now recently learning that he abused y'all but you don't want him in jail?"

"No but it's not really up to me, it's up to my mom since I'm not at the legal age yet." I played with my nails.

We sat in silence until I felt a tear drop on my arm, this bitch is crying, right now?

"Rih..." I followed her eyes to see where she was looking and she was definitely looking at my arms, my jacket was covered in blood so they gave me a shirt from the lost and found.

"I'm sorry." She wiped her tears.

"Don't apologize, none of this is your fault." I wrapped my arms around her neck and hugging her.

"I could've been there for you and prevented you from-"

"Shh." I don't like when people blame themself for my doings, I doubt she could've prevented me from doing that stuff on my arms.

"O-nika." My dad called out, his voice cracked and he looked like he needed some water.

I stood up walking over to him and just staring, I was angry and I wanted to show him what it's like to get beat-

"Water." His voice was raspy.

"Swallow your spit." I mumbled adjusting his bed so he could sit up. "I'm funny right?" I laughed shaking my head.

"Please."

"Remember what you told me when I said please or begged you to stop hitting me and my mom?" I tilted my head looking at him. "You told me the more I begged the longer it would last."