ONE

Onika Tanya, seven years and some months later.

"You can't be quiet your whole life onika." Robyn glared at me.

"If I speak people think I'm rude." I mumbled getting out the car.

"Cause you come off so rudely, someone will ask you a question and you'll either ignore them or tell them to leave you the fuck alone." She laughed and I rolled my eyes knowing that was completely true. Only reason I'm friends with Robyn is because she's been there since I moved to Houston.

"I will go this whole school year being quiet."

"It's a new school year so maybe...open up? Try and make new friends." Robyn shrugged.

"Too much work, I'll stick to you." We entered the building and Robyn suddenly stopped so I stopped too. "What?" I was confused.

"Oh shit that's Beyoncé." She said lowly, Beyoncé? "Sorry you don't have Facebook, she got kicked out of her old school for stabbing a kid last year on the last week, I'm guessing she chose to come here."

"Shouldn't she be in juvi or something?"

"She probably did her time over the summer, she looks even meaner in person. Do you have your schedule?" Robyn asked and I nodded pulling my phone out going to the screenshot of my schedule. "We got every period together except for- culinary, of course you would choose that."

"What? I wanna learn how to cook." I shrugged.

"Well I got Spanish, Calletè puta."

"What does that mean?"

"Shut up bitch-"

"Oh bitch, fuck you." I pushed her slightly and she laughed.

We walked to our first period, with Ms Williams.

"Ms Williams!" Robyn yelled hugging her. "I got you this year."

"Mhm, all you did was get sent to my class last year." Ms Willams laughed before pulling back and looking at me. "Well hello Onika, you're quiet per usual." She smiled and I nodded.

"Come on before these bitches take all the good seats." Robyn grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the back by the window.

The bell rung and the girl, Beyoncé walked in a few seconds after.

"Well hello- Oh! You're Beyoncé." Ms Willams smiled and Beyoncé nodded. "Glad to have you, only seat I see open is by Onika so you can sit by her, raise your hand Onika."

I raised my hand and Robyn pushed it down quickly.

"Damnit, Ms Williams can we change seats?!" Robyn yelled across the room.

"There's no more seats Robyn, is there a problem with Beyoncé sitting by you guys?" Ms Williams tilted her head ever so slightly.

"Hell yeah, she's crazy." Robyn said loud enough for Beyoncé to hear and she looked amused.

"Robyn you know that I don't tolerate bullying or disrespect in my classroom."