FIFTEEN

FIFTEENNovember 1976

FIFTEEN
November 1976

As the end of the month approached, the Robinson siblings turned their attention towards their father's upcoming birthday. Their friends helped them circulate whispers about a surprise party to all those who wished to celebrate their favorite muggle studies professor.

Linny sent cordial invitations to Dumbledore, McGonagall, and other teachers who she knew her father would appreciate the presence of. Meanwhile, the boys turned their attention to the food, using their connections with the kitchen elves to get a huge cake for the occasion. As a final touch, Lily, Alice, and Marlene made sure Mateo's time would be free at the time of the party by booking back-to-back meetings with him at the agreed upon time.

On the date in question, Lily went into her meeting to speak to Mateo about her previous test scores (despite the fact that she hadn't missed any questions) while the Robinsons and their friends brought everyone into the muggle studies classroom. Tables were filled with food, guests' hands were filled with party favors, and the classroom's walls were filled with the sweet music of Mateo's favorite artist: The Beatles.

As Miah dropped the needle, "Twist and Shout" loudly started playing. Back in his office, Mateo looked towards the door and half-smiled. "Wow, what's that?" Lily asked amusedly. "You should probably go check it out, Professor."

Mateo smiled wider. "You know, Lily, today is my fifty-seventh birthday."

"Well, happy birthday. I had no idea."

Lily was not a great actor, but Mateo quite enjoyed seeing a rare glint of mischief in the girl's eyes. He sighed and stood, moving towards the door. As Mateo exited, the entire group yelled "SURPRISE!" as they blew their party favors.

While everyone was still applauding for him, Mateo moved towards his kids and pulled the three into a big group hug. Linny quickly dropped her camera from where she'd captured his reaction to accept the embrace.

As the party waged on, Linny drifted to the side of the room, happily watching the commotion with a few friends at her side, occasionally lifting the camera from around her neck to snap photos. She successfully avoided the chaos of the dance floor that had formed in the middle of the room, happy to be left with just the people who mattered at her side.

Linny had been content watching Miah and Mateo pick out each song for the record player together. She sipped from a cup of punch as Sirius sidled up beside her, sweaty from dancing with some group of people Linny didn't recognize. "Tired out?" she asked.

"Never," he said with a sly smile. "Just trying again to drag you out into the fun."

"In your dreams."

Sirius grinned, broader than Linny had ever seen him. "I have two goals in life, Robin. Prank the unbreakable Linny and get her to dance with me."

"Then you will die with an incomplete bucket list, Black."

He laughed, getting pulled away by James. Mateo had been watching his daughter happily hug the wall with her friends, but he--like Sirius--had other ideas. He muttered a song to his oldest son and went towards Linny's hiding spot.