87.

Chloe
It was a heartwarming, but emotional moment for Joe and I when it came to the birth of our daughter. Alani definitely had my looks. While we kept putting off the time to invite everyone over to meet our daughter, I was skeptical about everyone meeting her inside of this tiny hospital room.

While I held Alani in my arms, I looked over to the side to seeing Joe with the same warm smile from before. He noticed that I was staring at him and I accidentally broke him out of his sudden trance.

"What's up, babe?"

"Oh, nothing. I was thinking..." I paused, "About having everyone meeting our daughter back at our house instead of the hospital."

"Are you sure? I mean, we'd have to take a flight back to Toronto; and I don't know how our daughter would handle that."

"You have a point, but maybe we should talk to one of these nurses and find out if it's safe or not."

He nodded in agreement, "Do you want me to leave the room and find one?"

"Sure." I replied, "In the meantime, I'm gonna watch over Alani while you're doing that."

He looked back at me and Alani with another smile that formed across his face before leaving the room to find a nearby nurse. I laid back down in the bed and brought Alani into my embrace while Joe was gone for a moment. As a mother, I immediately knew that skin-to-skin contact was important and made the baby feel safe; and to also form a bond between a mother and her daughter.

While I was holding Alani close to me, I watched as the door slowly began to open just five minutes later and Joe peeked in without making a single noise. He was afraid of waking our daughter up because she needed her rest.

Joe silently approached me and brought his mouth closer towards my ear and whispered, "The nurse said it was perfectly okay to bring Alani home in a day or two; although, we'd have to make sure that there wasn't a lot of noise. Thankfully, I can rent us a private jet back to Toronto and it shouldn't be frightening for her."

"I'd love that more than anything right now, Joe." I smiled.

The room started to grow silent as I started to notice Joe glancing down at our daughter. He was in another trance as he admired the thought that he was finally a father after waiting many years for this opportunity to come.

 He was in another trance as he admired the thought that he was finally a father after waiting many years for this opportunity to come

"What's on your mind, Joe?" I asked.

"Nothing, really. I'm just admiring the two most important women in my life. You and Alani."

"Aw, Joe. You mean that?"

He looked back with a smile, "Of course I do. I mean, you're all I've ever wanted in a woman. You're so beautiful, you're loyal, trustworthy, honest, compassionate; and most of all, the best wife I could ever ask for. And to know that we can finally start our little family, it means the entire world to me, Chloe."