78.

Chloe
It's been a few days ever since Joe's been gone from the house due to work. The house over the past couple of days has felt empty; and the only one that was always able to keep me company for the time being was Zeus.

This pregnancy has been beating my ass for awhile. I couldn't stomach any of my meals, I started to develop a love-hate relationship with the food that I used to love; now disgusted with, and I've become more fatigued than usual.

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror as I looked sickly in the face. I didn't feel like eating because I knew it would come back up and I was enduring cramps that felt like you were shoving sharpened knives inside of me.

Being pregnant, your emotions are always running rampant. Missing Joe started to take a toll on me to where I felt the tears beginning to well-up in my eyes. I was nearing close to bawling my eyes out over his absence.

I walked over to the bed and laid down for awhile. I pulled out my phone and looked at the pictures of Joe and I on our honeymoon. I was assuming that the pregnancy hormones were getting the best of me and I started crying over Joe's absence once again; although he was coming back soon.

However, Zeus was quick to notice me sobbing uncontrollably in the bed and quickly came to my aid as he laid down next to me in attempt to comfort me.

 "You're such a good boy, Zeus

"You're such a good boy, Zeus." I say, petting the top of his head and ruffling his fur, "I just miss Joe so much."

His head raised up when I mentioned Joe. I remember taking Zeus into our home when he was just a puppy. We never found out who abused him, but now he was happily living a life full of luxury.

While I proceeded to lay back in bed and holding back my urge to vomit after eating a small ham and cheese sandwich from earlier, I received a call from Emma.

"Hey, Chloe."

"H-Hey." I stuttered.

Her demeanor dropped, "Are you alright, girl?"

"Yeah, I'm just feeling sick today."

"About that, I've been meaning to ask you, did the pregnancy test come out positive? Are you pregnant?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm a few weeks pregnant and this pregnancy is kicking my ass, Emma."

"Aw! I'm so happy that you and Joe are finally starting your road to parenthood, but how did he take the news?"

"He was beyond excited when he found out. His face lit up like a Christmas Tree once he looked at the positive tests."

She smiled, "Like Fergal and I said before, Chloe, this is yours and Joe's second chance at starting a family. No drama, no financial issues, and not anything negative."

"You're right and it's been lonely without Joe being here."

"I know how you're feeling. Fergal's gone for awhile, too. But I know one thing that'll put us in a better mood."