14.

Joe
I pressed my lips against Chloe's and held her close in my embrace. She felt scared to talk about her past and I started to beat myself over it on the inside for asking her the reason as to why she was scared to love again.

The air started to become cold and crisp and she started to shiver as a gust of wind passed the both of us.

I continued to hold her in my arms and looked down to seeing her remaining silent. I really loved this girl and I'd do anything for her. Hell, I would even die for her.

Soon, the silence was broken with Chloe letting a small sigh escape from her mouth.

"Can we go home, Joe?"

"Yeah," I nod, "Let's go home, baby."

We walked back to the car and I drove us back to the house within a few minutes.

Arriving back to the house, Chloe and I went inside and took a seat on the couch. While I was in the bathroom and freshening up my nicely trimmed beard, it wasn't long until she stood up and escorted herself to the bedroom and plopped down on her queen-sized bed.

When I returned, I noticed that the living room was empty and I immediately grew worried.

"Baby?" I said in a soft tone of voice, looking around for Chloe and her whereabouts until I realized that she was in her bedroom with her newly bought Stranger Things blanket wrapped around her entire body.

"Are you okay?" I asked, crouching down with concern written over my face.

"I'm fine, Joe."

"Are you? If you were, you'd be smiling and hanging out with me. I know when you're unhappy, baby."

"You caught me. I was just overthinking about the past with Joshua."

"I feel bad for asking that question." I replied, sitting at her bedside, "I just really care for you and honestly, you've made me the happiest man in the world ever since we met that night." I paused, "I really want a relationship with you, but I don't think it's the right time for now." I looked down at my feet.

"Joe. You know the feeling is the same, but I have a hard time trusting when it comes to relationships. The past, the traumatic events; you know?"

I nodded, "I do. I'm so sorry that you went through that and if I knew you at the time, I would've beaten his ass until he couldn't breathe, let alone function. He'd be dead."

"I wish we met back then, too. I always told Emma that I didn't need another man in my life and that I was unworthy of love."

"Now, Chloe." I furrowed my eyebrows, "You are worthy of love. I understand you went through those traumatic events, but I can reassure you that I'd never put my hands on you."

"That's the same exact thing Emma has always told me. I just want to be more of an independent woman with big dreams ahead of her."

"And you can be. Even if we were together, I'd support you and your dreams; and if money gets tight in the process, I got you." I flashed a warm smile and paused, "What's your dream again, Chloe?"

"My dream? To be a fashion model."

"A model, huh?" I grinned, "I can make that happen for you. I believe the WWE needs some models for their clothing line when there's new shirts being released and of course, you can always line for my merchandise."

"You know, that doesn't sound like a bad idea."

"Exactly. I can talk with the boss and the C.E.O. if I have to. Anything to make your dreams come true."

"You're the best, Joe." She said, reeling me into a hug.

It was peaceful while laying around in her bedroom. We watched some movies together through the Apple TV whilst eating some snacks.

It was approaching midnight and I could see Chloe attempting to keep her eyes opened. She was about to pass out at any given moment.

Without thinking, she laid on my chest and her body was pressed against my bulge. I could feel myself beginning to get aroused by the sensation of her pressed against me and I didn't want to kill the moment between us.

"Mm, fuck." I huffed.

"Huh?" She said, briefly opening her eyes.

"Chloe, I know you're tired and all, but your body is grinding around my dick and it's turning me on right now."

"Oops." She said, doing it once more as she continued teasing me.

"Chloe, I'm serious." I sternly looked into her eyes.

"Alright, alright. I'm just having fun with you." She replied, pressing her lips against mine.

"Very funny." I smirked.

She rolled over and laid down on the other side of the bed and left me with a smile on my face. It's like she wanted to have sex with me, but I'd like to make sure that we were officially together and that I came clean about the one night stand before furthering things between us first and foremost.

I laid down and wrapped my arms around her while we both proceeded to fall asleep for the night. I remembered that her best friend was coming over to meet me in the afternoon and I was curious about how she'll react.

The thing that bothered me the most was how Chloe was scared to love after what her ex-boyfriend put her through. It broke my heart to hear that she endured abuse in the past, and that he traumatized her to where she doesn't want to pursue another relationship.

I leaned back and stared up at the ceiling while she was asleep. After feeling her body against me earlier, I was turned on and I desperately wanted to make love to her on the bed right now, but I knew what I had to do and that was confess about the one night stand before I had to leave back to work.

Though it was a one time only situation, I wasn't going to keep this a secret from her, and I definitely needed to take Colby's advice and confess. More importantly, I was more than determined to make her my girl before WrestleMania.

Morning
I opened my eyes and the bedside was empty. Without realizing, she stepped back into her bedroom with a plate full of breakfast.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

I smiled while rubbing my eyes, "Good morning."

"I made you some breakfast, Joe." She smiled, "Oh, and I'm gonna remind you that Emma will be coming over in a few hours and you may wanna get prepared because she is a huge fan of yours."

I chuckled, "She's probably gonna faint the moment she sees me. I think it would be worse if it was Colby or Fergal, right?"

"Oh boy, don't get me started on those two. Emma is head over heels for them and she begged me to meet them for her and get those autographs that night. Although I'm thankful that I did; because if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have met."

"That's true. I'm glad that we did, Chloe."

I looked down at my breakfast and started to eat the breakfast that she prepared for me with a smile on my face.

A few hours had passed and Emma was already on her way over to the house. She was more than excited to come and see me, along with Chloe.

Suddenly, Chloe's phone went off and she was looking at her phone with a huge smile that reached ear-to-ear.

"Let me take a wild guess, she's already flipping out in the car, huh?" I laughed.

"Yeah! She'll be here in a minute, Joe. Brace yourself!"

"I will."

A few minutes passed and then she pulled into the driveway, storming into the house. She looked around and the moment she seen Joe, she almost was on the verge of fainting on the spot.