77.

Chloe
It was a long and eventful night with Joe when it came to my anxiety randomly creeping up on me. As excited as I was about being pregnant for the second time with our child, I was terrified that another miscarriage was going to happen in the future.

While I refused to remember that horrible part of our past, I woke up around ten in the morning and rolled over in the bed to realize that Joe wasn't laying next to me. Sadly, Joe had to return back to work for awhile with his cousins and Colby in the meantime.

After I situated myself out from the bed, I walked into the kitchen and heard the sounds of sizzling emerging from the other room. I silently peeked at the corner and I seen Joe standing in front of the stove as he was frying up some bacon and eggs.

"Hey babe." I said, catching Joe's attention.

"Hey. Did you sleep well?"

"I did. I thought you already left for work."

"Nah. It'll be two hours from now until I do, babe. In the meantime, I wanted to make you some breakfast before I left."

"You're so thoughtful, Joe. You didn't have to cook all of this for me."

"I want to. I know you're carrying our child...or children, and I wanted to make sure that you ate before I left the house." He smirked.

While he kept smiling at the twin comment that he just made, I started to assume that he wanted to have two children together. Joe continued to cook us both some breakfast before he left back to the ring for awhile. It was going to be hard without having him around the house after being used to his presence twenty-four-seven, but I'll manage.

"Here's your breakfast, babe."

"You're the best husband ever."

"You think so?"

"Duh!" I teased, "Or else I wouldn't have married my best friend."

His eyes widened, "So you're telling me that I replaced Emma?"

"No, you know what I mean silly."

"I just love teasing you, baby."

After a couple of hours passed, I helped Joe pack his suitcase and duffel bag for work. He was prepared to head back on the road with WWE for the time being and I was already beginning to miss him.

"Baby, are you gonna be alright while I'm gone?"

"Of course! I'll be safe, Joe."

"Good." He replied, crouching to my size, "I don't want anything to happen to you, or our baby."

Joe carefully placed his hand against my stomach and I started to feel butterflies at the feeling of his touch. He was more than ready to become a father already, and I couldn't wait for the next nine months to pass.

"I promise that we'll be safe, Daddy." I said.

He looked up with a devilish smile beginning to spread on his face, "What was that?"

"You heard me, Joe."

"Ugh! Calling me Daddy and shit." He flashed a smile, "You know I love when you call me that, baby."

Joe started to playfully lick his lips and followed up with a small, flirtatious lip bite.

"You know what? I'm gonna keep you waiting until you come back home from the ring." I said.

He frowned, "Aw, what?"

"Just to make things a lot more exciting once you're back home."

"That's only fair, baby." He grinned, "That means when I come back, the wait will definitely be worth it."