8: Otso🏴‍☠️

Start from the beginning

"Are you kidding, right?" Jihoon incredulously questioned him.

"I am not," He said shaking his head bitterly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Bro, you're whipped," Minghao replied and then shook his head and resumed his work.

"Here's your order, Attorneys."

Our order came in a short while. Rainbow set our order on the table as we sorted and stored the things we reviewed.

I grinned and said, "Thank you."

"Sure, joshua", he said after winking at me.

After he returned to the counter, I frowned. Another oddball.

"Eyyy, shua. He wink at you", minghao teased.

"Oh, please stop." I said, "He's not my type." Yes, ever since I caught his gaze. He would occasionally turn to look at me and smile. When he did it, I suddenly felt frightened. Anyone can imagine that—a total stranger grinning at you for no apparent reason.

"That girl looks familiar", jihoon suddenly said.

Jihoon instantly spoke, and Minghao and I put our argument aside. He must be referring to that girl who was with clover earlier.

"She is the inspector, the one who went to the office earlier. You're busy, which is why you didn't notice her.", I shared my thoughts.

"I'm a lawyer." Our jaws dropped again when seungkwan exposed, with a proud expression.
Competitive, huh.

"And?", minghao asked while seungkwan sassily crossed his arms and brows arched.

"Hurry up and let's go home, I'm tired", he complained.

"She filed a case for her sister because she was missing for how many days already. And when I asked her when and where they had last seen her. She stated that it was last Wednesday and that they had last seen her sister here, in this café." I explained.

They were paying attention. Joshua was the person who, if anyone, had advance knowledge when it comes to the cases handled, it's him, Joshua. If he had something in mind, he would not have stated it to them. But as soon as he figures it out, he will tell them.

"There's one thing about which I'm curious. I keep returning to it in my thoughts."
I said something that made my spine tingle, "According to the statement of the relatives of missing victims, it seems like everyone here in this café is the last to be seen before disappearing." I can't explain why I started to feel anxious.

"Perhaps it's merely a coincidence?", I said further. I don't wanna doubt these boys. Maybe, they have nothing to do with it. They look so innocent.

-Acrasia-