Ch. 1 ~All Alone

Lizzy's POV

After a very long and awkward car ride, we pulled into the ranch's driveway. As we drove up to their house, Uncle Pat said, "Have you ever learned how to ride a horse?"

"No," I mumbled. I didn't feel like talking. Everything that has happened is still raw, and I just need time to let everything sink in.

"Well great! Cause we're gonna teach ya," he replied. I silently rolled my eyes and sighed. Great. Just because I live on a ranch with a bunch of horses, doesn't mean I'm instantly becoming a cowgirl.

We park in the garage, and I grab 2 of my bags while Aunt Steph and Uncle Pat grab my others, and lug them up to my room.

Since the house is semi small, I have to share a room with my cousin, Gigi. She's only a year younger than me, but we are good friends. We usually have a good time when we get together on holidays.

I set my bags down next to my bed, and so do Aunt Steph and Uncle Pat.

"So, do you want a tour, or do you just want to rest a bit?" Aunt Steph asked.

"I'll just rest a bit," I sigh.

"Alright, just holler if you need anything," she said. "And Liz, we are so so sorry that this happened, and we understand that this is all a shock for you, and we are trying as hard as we can to make it better for you. We miss your parents, and I know they miss you, too," Aunt Steph said.

I stayed silent. My eyes teared up, and I just nodded.

"Feel free to decorate and make yourself feel at home," Aunt Steph finally said, and then they both left, and I was alone.

No parents.

No friends.

Alone.

---

A/N: hi guys! Sorry that the chapter is short and boring :/ please comment and vote, and keep on reading! Thx!!