Ch. 2 ~It's Been A Whole Week

Lizzy's POV

It's been a whole week, and I've barely done anything. All I've done is eat, sleep, and talk to my parents. Even though I can't hear them reply, I feel like they are still with me.

It's been a whole week, and I haven't said a word to my cousins. I don't know why, but I'm not really ready to talk to people. My cousins are so happy, and I'm not in a state where I'm ready for everything to be happy.

It's been a whole week, and I haven't been out of my room. Except the bathroom. I haven't seen the barn, but occasionally I've looked out of the window at all of the horses, and it's pretty cool.

It's been a whole week, and I'm ready to go out of my room, and explore my new life.

***

I threw the covers off of me, and stood up. I checked the clock, and it said it was 8:45 a.m. I picked out a pair of jeans and a soft, flannel shirt. I button up the buttons if the blue and purple plaid long sleeved shirt, then pulled on some socks. Next, I headed to the bathroom and brushed out my long blonde hair, parted it to the side, and put it in two single braids. Last, I brushed my teeth, then quietly went down stairs.

When I got downstairs, there wasn't anybody there. So, I checked the cabinets, and I saw some cereal, so I took a box out, found a bowl, the milk carton, and a spoon. I poured Fruit Loops into the bowl, then the milk, then I scooped some onto my spoon, and dug in.

After I finished my breakfast, I rinsed my bowl out, put it in the dishwasher, and put away the cereal and milk. Now, it's time to find my cousins.

***

I have 4 cousins. Alex, Rachel, Brittany, and Gigi. Alex and Rachel are both in college, and Brit is in 10th grade, and Gigi is in 6th grade. Let me just say this: my cousins are, loud, funny, happy, and CRAZY! Living with them is going to be interesting. Maybe their happiness could rub off on me.

I pull on my tennis shoes, and walk out to the barn. I'm guessing they are all out here, cause there really isn't anywhere else that they could be; unless they left the property.

I walked into the barn, and it smelled of hay, grain, and a general horsey smell. There weren't any horses, though, and I was confused. Then I realized that they are probably out in their pastures.

I walked down the isle, and looked around. There were tons of stalls! I looked at the name plates on some of the stalls. RUBY. HANK. TIGER LILY. JAZZ. I know those are Aunt Steph, Uncle Pat, Brit, Gigi's horses. There were other horses, too.

I kept walking down the isle, and finally, I found Gigi. "Hey," I said quietly.

She whipped around. "Hi!" Gigi said. ""It's been a whole week! Finally!" she said jokingly. I laughed.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I said. Then Gigi turned serious.

"No, don't be. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have been through what you've been through. You have no reason to be sorry," she said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Did you get breakfast?" Gigi asked.

"Yes I did! I had Fruit Loops," I chirped.

"So did I!" she exclaimed. We laughed, and for the first time in a whole week, I felt a little better.

A/N: hi again guys! Wow I've been updating a lot today. I haven't been doing anything really, and I've had a lot of time. A lot. So yeah, I hope you like this chapter! All of my chapters have been pretty short so far, sorry! Please please vote and comment😎 thx guys bye!!