Ch. 29 ~A Call

Lizzy's POV

We had decided that I would put half of the money in my savings account, and then use the rest of the money on whatever I would like. I was extremely shocked. I had never had this much money in my life! I was hoping to buy some new gaming reins and new boots.

As I walked into the barn, I first went to my burro. I had finally decided on a name for him.

"Hey boy! Wanna know what your name is?" I asked him, and he perked his long ears at me. "You will be called................Disney!" I said excitedly, and he snorted in approval. "I think your show name will be That Disney Magic."

I smiled at Disney, and he looked happy to have an official name.

I haltered him and took him to the indoor arena. I had heard that there is going to be an in-hand trail class,
And I'm hoping to show Disney in that class.

There was a bridge, mailbox, trotting poles, and cones set up. There was a "box" made out of poles that you had to make your horse turn in, but Disney isn't ready for that yet.

For the next hour, I taught Disney how to trot along with me, how to walk over a scary bridge, and stop at a mailbox. I have to say, he is quite the trail horse. I think he could be ready for the beginner's in-hand trail class!

I put him out in his stall paddock, and got Crackers ready to ride. I led her outside, and warmed her up for our practice.

***

"Have you all decided on names yet?" Uncle Pat asked again that evening.

I nodded, and so did Brit and Gigi.

"Good, cause we have names for our horses too," Aunt Steph said.

"Let's hear your names," Uncle Pat said, and snatched a pen and piece of paper.

"I'll go first," I said. "I'm naming my burro That Disney Magic. Disney is his stable name," I said excitedly, and everyone nodded in approval.

"My turn," said Gigi. "I'm naming the bay roan Once Upon A Dream, and Dream is her stable name," Gigi bubbled. I smiled. I like that name for her!

"Okay, my turn," Brit said. "I named the chestnut Wild Spirit, Spirit for his stable name." I nodded. He definitely is a wild spirit.

"Well, the bay's name is Rusty," Aunt Steph said with a smile. I grinned, that was a great name for the little bay!

"What about the buckskin?" I asked Uncle Pat, and he said, "Lucky."

We nodded, and then Uncle Pat said, "I'll put orders for name plates in tomorrow."

"Great," said Gigi.

We finished dinner happily, and I helped wash dishes with Aunt Steph.

The phone rang, and Aunt Steph set down the plate she was washing, and answered it.

"Hello, this is Stephanie Jackson, head riding instructor of Legend Ranch, may I ask who's calling?" she said, repeating the greeting she says every time the phone rings and she doesn't know who it is.

She listened to whomever was calling, and then smiled and said, "That's great news! I'm sure Lizzy will be excited. Actually, she's right here right now, would you like to tell her?"

Then there was a pause, and then she handed me the phone. "Who is it?" I mouthed, and she whispered, "Sandy." My eyes widened and I smiled. I had a feeling I knew why she was calling.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Lizzy, it's Sandy, from the BLM?" Sandy said.

"Oh hey!" I said excitedly.

""Hi, I have some good news for you," she said, and I grinned.

"Okay," I said.

"Your mustang, the buckskin, has made a full recovery, and we put him in a paddock, and he galloped around happily, and he was sound when we checked his leg. We just have to do a few more tests with him, but in a week, we are going to trailer him to his "territory", and then  set him free," she said happily.

"That's great!" I cheered, and I jumped up and down and did a spin in the air. "I can't wait," I said, then asked, "Can I watch you set him free?"

"Of course! I was going to ask if you wanted to be there," she said.

"I'm there," I said. "Thank you for calling."

"No problem. Goodbye, Lizzy," Sandy said, and then hung up the phone. I set the phone down, and grabbed Aunt Steph in a bear hug.

This was the best news ever!

•••

A/N: YAY!!! 900+ views:):):) and the names of the animals came out in this chapter:):):) I would like to congratulate 101kkbb101 and rustycindy09 for having the winning names! I used 101kkbb101 's names Disney and Dream, and I used rustycindy09 's names Magic, Lucky, and Rusty. I combined their names together for Disney Magic:)

I would really like to thank them for commenting names, but I'm really disappointed and a little sad that they were the only ones who wanted to comment :( I don't know if anyone is actually liking this book, but if you are, I would love it if you left a comment or voted for the chapter!

Well, there's only a few chapters left of RHI:( nooooo!!! I'm so sad now:,(

Bye!