New year new commitments

Third persons POV
It's finally New Year's Eve and everyone is busy preparing. Elyssa and Derrick went to get more fireworks from the store for tonight while the others are home.

"Babe did you get the DNA results back?" Elyssa asked as they were getting into the car going back home, "yes" Derrick answered not excitedly and Elyssa knew something was wrong, "and?...." She asked, "all negative" he answered while sighing.

"Oh no. Wait what area was it? Where they were found and were your ex lived when she gave birth?" Elyssa asked, "salmon hill" Derrick answered and Elyssa thought it rang a bell, oh shit, "that's where we rescued Javon from" Elyssa said and Derrick nodded without really thinking deep about what Elyssa just said.

Meanwhile Elyssa was still thinking, what could be the odds?.

Arriving back at the mansion, they carried everything they had bought into the house and kept them in the backyard, "that's a lot" Rose said as she saw them go in, "aunt that's the usual, it's fun, plus don't you guys release fireworks?" Elyssa asked Derricks mother, "we just watch the others do it" Rose said smiling, "it's gonna be fun" Steven said entering the kitchen.

"Where are my babies?" Elyssa asked her brother talking about Javon and Steph, "Javons room, napping" Steven responded, "I have to give Javon his meds soon. I took him to his pediatrician yesterday I couldn't wait until after the holidays, he said Javon has low iron deficiency thats why he gets easily tired and dizzy. He's been put on iron capsules now and I need to change his diet, and if after a month there's no improvement, he will need blood donation at least one time to balance it out" Elyssa explained Javons situation,

"Oh no, why didn't you tell us yet?" Rose asked, "I forgot, I definitely was thinking too much about his health it didn't cross my mind, but he's improved now just I need to be on schedule" Elyssa said again, "if you need help just tell me sweetie" rose said, "thank you aunt" she appreciated, "by the way has Derrick spoken to you about anything?" Rose asked making Elyssa stare in wonder,

"No why?" She asked, "just he seems off this past few days" Rose said, "I guess he's not ready for the new year yet, don't worry too much about it" Elyssa lied because she knew exactly what was going on.

Rose smiled and nodded before Elyssa went upstairs to Javons room. She walked in and they were indeed napping, she slowly walked it the bed and tapped Javon, "hi baby, it's time for your meds and veggies" Elyssa whispered and Javon scratched his eyes and nodded opening his arms making Elyssa chuckle before she carried her son out to the kitchen downstairs.

"Hey Javon" Steven said, "hi uncle Steve" Javon greeted back  and Steven ruffled his hair, "get well soon buddy" Steven said and Javon appreciated.

After giving him his meds and vegetables, she  carried him back to his room. She later went to the kitchen and helped her mother, Chelsea, and Derricks mother.

"Hi pretty lady" Chelsy said to Tanisha as she walked into the kitchen, "I thought you were going to Oliver" Rose asked, "I was, but I want to spend the new year with my family, plus we won't be together all the time and everyone else is leaving after tomorrow, and Steph and Javon asked me to stay so I'm here" Tanisha responded and everyone smiled, "I'm proud of you" Rose said.

Soon everyone went upstairs to prepare for the evening, "babe, we will find the kid, don't beat yourself too much around it, hopefully they are safe and alive" Elyssa said and Derrick nodded,

"To be sincere I wasn't so confident in finding the kid but I don't know why it hurt me that I didn't find the kid" Derrick said quietly,

"Off course you will be hurt it's your blood, but I just want to confirm something" Elyssa said holding his hands, "mhm?" He answered in his throat,