- D-Day -

[Korean, Mandarin, English, Japanese]

I step into the bathroom, smoothing out the bottom of the dress shirt that had been fashioned into a dress. I adjust the corset, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I watch as Heeseung walks in behind me, freezing when he spots me standing at the sink. 

"You look amazing, JiJi." He says quietly, smiling at me in the mirror. I turn to face him and lean against the counter, crossing my arms over my chest. He had changed into a black dress shirt and pants with a white harness over it, I had helped him style his hair before I had gotten dressed.

"When I put my boots on, I'll be able to look you in the eye." I smirk, pushing off the counter to walk past him. He catches my wrist, pulling me back to stand in front of him. His hand is warm against my skin and I can feel my cheeks flushing at the contact. 

"Hey, why do you look so nervous?" I ask, searching his face. He smiles slightly, his thumb gently stroking my wrist. 

"Why do you not look so nervous?" He asks in return, raising an eyebrow at me. 

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head, frowning slightly. 

"You look so cool, and you don't even look a little nervous." He says, his eyes meeting mine. I can't help but smile, finding him cute. His big Bambi eyes are so soft, they keep sparkling in the light of the bathroom. 

"I'm very nervous, Hee. You can't feel how hard I'm shaking?" I look down at the place where his hand is still holding my wrist. 

"I just thought that was me." He says quietly, I look back up and our eyes meet. Neither of us says anything for a moment, just watching each other. Finally, I break the silence. 

"You are our ace, Lee Heeseung. You're going to make it to the debut team, I know you will." I smile softly, moving to walk past him again. He pulls on my arm, wrapping his arms around my waist. I freeze as he leans down to rest his chin on my shoulder, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck. He nuzzles into my hair, letting out a long sigh. I lift my hand, patting the back of his head. He gives my waist one last squeeze before he straightens, still holding me. 

"You sound like you've already been dropped." He says, his eyes meeting mine. I smile, shrugging. 

"I'm the only girl in a competition against twenty-three boys, the odds are not in my favour." I look away, dropping my hands to his shoulders. Heeseung leans forward until his forehead rests against mine, both of us closing our eyes. 

"Let's debut together." He says quietly, his breath fanning my face. We both pull away, looking at each other for a moment before we separate. I take his hand as I walk past him, leading him out to the sitting room where I left my boots. 

I step into the boots, zipping them up to my thigh. I straighten and fix my hair, looking at Heeseung again. I strike a dramatic pose and he laughs, his eyes softening as he watches me fix my clothes. 

"See? We're the same height now!" I say, standing in front of him. We join the rest of the I-Landers, each of them turning to look at me. 

"Wow, you look great, Noona." Jungwon says, his eyes sparkling. I wink at him as I fix my mic, adjusting my hair around it. K appears in front of me, barely taller than me now. 

"You look so cool." He says, lifting his hand to fix a a strand of my hair. I smile at him before walking to where Heeseung is standing, taking his hand. We stand together as the gate opens, a few of us letting out small sighs. I nudge Heeseung's shoulder as I give his hand a little squeeze, pulling away from him as our group walks into the egg.