Vol 3 Chapter 25: Duo

Reality shatters around us again as Kartikeya drops back and abuses his delayed attacks on me. I avoid them with the help of my Clairvoyance and shoot swords in his direction. I continue analyzing his every move as does he. I smirk a bit which seems to upset him.

Kartikeya: "Your heart is mine!!"

He rushes in as do I. I jump upwards and bring down my blade to his. 

Y/n: "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're enjoying this a little too much?"

Kartikeya: "What makes you say that?"

Y/n: "You're smiling"

Just as I say that, Kartikeya acknowledged the face he was making. 

Kartikeya: "Guess I am"

I shove him backwards and let my guard down, giving him a wide open opportunity. He takes his chance and is mere seconds away from plunging his sword into my chest. However, at the last second, he felt something odd. It was TOO easy of a target. Why would he just willingly give himself up?

Kartikeya: "What could he be possibly-"

That's when he sensed an incredible amount of bloodlust coming from behind.

Kartikeya: "Dammit!!"

He evaded skillfully as a scythe nearly took him down.

Y/n: "You must tone it down a bit, or else they'll notice it"

At his side, the Queen of Kuoh arrived. She nodded in response to the King's words of wisdom while the two looked over to their tough opponent.

Y/n: "He isn't going to be easy, but I know we won't lose to anyone"

She pulls out a talisman and puts it around her neck. It glows for a bit before sinking into her skin.

Y/n: "All done?"

Eucliwood: "Done"

It was one of the talisman that Ahri had been working on that allowed Eucliwood to speak normally without her powers triggering. That said, she could active them whenever she wants.

Kartikeya: "You two done?"

Y/n: "Definitely"

I extend a hand to Eucliwood as a smile forms on my face.

Y/n: "Let me show you a little something we were working on"

She grabs my hand as I spin and launch her straight at Kartikeya.

Kartikeya: "You really-?"

He looks at his side to see swords fired. He jumps back and avoids them while deflecting Eucliwood's scythe attack.

Y/n: "That's not the only one"

I appear before him and slash his stomach while Eucliwood manages to get him from the back. He attempts to stop time but I cut it down before he can active it again. Eucliwood propels herself forward but misses from Kartikeya evading. He attempts to cut her down mid air but I catch his wrist and let go of Empyrean Musashi.

Kartikeya: "You fool!! You let go-"

Thats because Eucliwood caught the blade and used my extended arm to stop launch herself from above, downwards.

Eucliwood: "Musashi!!"

She strikes him across the chest before I pull him my way and punch him in the stomach. I knee him throw him upwards as Eucliwood threw her scythe at his back and rushed forward with the katana in hand. She cut him once, however, multiple cuts followed after when she sheathed the blade.