CHAPTER 7 : MINGYU'S FEELINGS

Mingyu pov

I was sitting alone in the class cause both Joshua and Hoshi haven't showed up. This Y/n is nowhere to be found. Hoshi told me that smtg came up so he would be absent but where are the others.

I was mentally cursing them when someone called my name. I looked up to Joy standing beside me.

Joy : can i sit here with you? ( she pointed at the empty seat beside me)

Mingyu : yes ofc course. ( i smiled)

Joy : btw Y/n and Joshua wouldn't come today. So It's just you and me.

Mingyu : why wouldn't they come? How do you know? ( i was confused)

Joy : I saw Joshua and Y/n together while coming here. They said they would bunk today's class and hang out by themselves. Those traitors. ( she pouted cutely)

Mingyu : oh, leave them. Let's have fun by ourselves.

Joy : Let's go. ( she gave me a thumbs up and i returned it back)

Joy pov

When i saw Joshua and Y/n together being all happy, a sudden jealousy rose inside my body. I have known Joshua since we were kids because we live in the same block. His father is so damn rich and they live in a very luxurious mansion. I have been there a few times. But Joshua never gave me any attention. I would be lying if i say that i don't have a small crush on him. After all, he's gorgeous.

I have been friends with Y/n for like two years and trust me there's ntg special about her. Still Joshua seems to stick around her. But these days they have been on my nerves. When they said they're going to hang out by themselves i just couldn't take it and left from there.

As i entered the classroom and saw Mingyu sitting alone. At least he's here. I'll just sit with him.

Author pov

Mingyu was getting anxious and his cheeks would turn red whenever Joy would say smtg to him. Mingyu was resisting the urge to confess his feelings then and there without a proper mindset.

After the class was over, Mingyu asked Joy if she wants to go for a walk around the school campus. Of course, Sebong High had an amazing campus.

Mingyu and Joy were walking when Joy spotted a cute cat on the side. She ran towards it and knelt down to caress it's back. Mingyu was looking at her with all the love he had for her.

Mingyu pov

How can someone be so ethereal! She's so pretty that my heart feels like it would explode anytime. That's it, i lost it there. I thought i should confess to her before anyone else takes this angel away from me.

I also knelt infront of her while she was busy playing with the puppy. I called her name.

Mingyu : Joy...

She looked at me with her prettiest ocean eyes. The afternoon soft sunlight was kissing her face making her look like a literal goddess she is.

Mingyu : i have smtg to tell you.

Joy : go on. ( she said while playing with the cat)

I was nervous. So much nervous actually.

Mingyu : I like you.

Joy was shocked. I can tell that by her expression and by how she froze infront of me.

Joy : how long has it been?

Mingyu : quite long.

Joy : I'm sorry.

That's what i was nervous about. But I'm not as hurt as i thought i would be.

Joy : Mingyu i'm not turning you down rn. I just need time to think about it. I'll tell you my answer after a few days.

I somehow was relieved that this isn't over.

Mingyu : thank you Joy. I'm sorry i made you uncomfortable. I'll wait for your answer. Till then let's keep everything as it is.

She smiled at me and got up. Then we walked for some more time talking about many stuffs.

Joy pov

When Mingyu confessed, i wouldn't say i was taken back but i surely was shocked. I knew Mingyu has some feelings for me which i could guess by his behaviour around me from past few days. But i can't say yes to him knowing the fact that i have this little crush on his bestfriend Joshua. But I'll surely give Mingyu a chance cause he's actually a good person.

I'll just talk to Y/n about this. But i haven't tell her about my crush on Joshua and i'm not sure if i should tell her.

I'm feeling horrible about this situation.

[ TO BE CONTINUED ]