CHAPTER 4 : NEW FRIEND

Joshua pov

After Mrs. Lee handed out my report card she said i was just close to passing but what can i do with my unlucky ass. I failed in Mathematics which was my strongest subject. Nvm.

I was side eyeing Y/n who was laughing like failing doesn't even matter to her. I also heard her saying she failed in math and literature. What's there to laugh about? This girl is crazy.

That's where it hit me. We both failed in the same subjects so we'll be having class together now. I mentally smirked.

Then, Mingyu and Hoshi started to tease and ofc i deserve it. I was being overconfident a while ago and now all my coolness is gone.

Y/n pov

Gosh, how can i fail in two subjects. This is so ridiculous. I was cursing myself internally when Joy spoke.

Joy : bruh i failed in 5 subjects. ( she laughed like crazy)

I and Jeonghan couldn't help but judge the shit outta her.

Jeonghan : i think you guys have to spend the summer together with Joshua, Mingyu and Hoshi. ( he showed us a dirty smirk)

Jennie : hey stop teasing them already.
Lisa : I'm sad that we wouldn't be able to see each other for a while.
Joy : Hannie u wouldn't be able to drool over your Nayeon for a while.

Jeonghan : guys i told you i don't like her. I like someone else.

Y/n : then tell us who u like or we would be shipping you with Nayeon forever.

We started laughing when Jeonghan pouted at us.

Jeonghan : I'll tell you all when the time comes.

Few days later

Author pov

Today was the first day of our special coaching classes. The students were assigned with classes according to their weakness.

Mingyu was being a happy puppy cause he will get to take classes with Joy. Man has even made the mindset of confessing to her in these 10 days. The only thing that could be a problem is the rivalry of Joshua and Y/n.
Joy is Y/n's bestie and she would reject him knowing the fact that Joshua and he are best buddies. Mingyu thought to request both Joshua and Y/n to make peace so that he can sail his ship. Before that Mingyu has to be friends with Y/n. Mingyu and Y/n knew each other well and close but can't be called friends.

Mingyu pov

I came a bit earlier today cause i wanted to talk with Y/n. I saw Y/n sitting in the canteen and going through bunch of papers. I knew it. She would be coming earlier to review class topics. As Joy and Joshua aren't here, i can do my job. I went towards her and called her name.

Mingyu : Y/n, i need your help.

Y/n : if It's about maths then i surrender.

Mingyu : no, can we be friends?

Y/n : i thought we're already friends.

Mingyu : i thought because of Joshua you'll hate me. ( she laughed )

Y/n : don't be dumb. Why would i hate you cause of him? In fact i don't even hate him.

Mingyu : you don't hate Joshua? ( my eyes widened)

Y/n : i don't and i'm sure he doesn't as well. We just find each other annoying that's it.