CHAPTER 6 : JOSHUA'S SECRET

Joshua pov

I came back home at about 8 pm. I went to hang out with some of my friends after school. More like i don't wanna come back in this house..

I sat on my bed after freshing up. But all i can think is about Y/n. What's happening to me? Tbh, first i didn't wanna be friends with her. I thought i would act like friend with her. It would be easier to annoy her everyday. But after being with her alone for the past few days, her impression on me just changed. Like she's is so sweet with me idk for what. Today she looked so beautiful that my heart started to run a marathon every time i looked at her.

I was lost in my thoughts when my mother called me from downstairs for dinner. I know dad is there and i don't wanna face him at all. But for my mom i have to. I went downstairs and saw my mom serving dinner to her beloved husband. I rolled my eyes. I went to the table and sat on a chair. So my mom did. What a lovely family dinner this is!

Dad : Have you forgotten how to greet your dad? ( he questioned)

Joshua : dad, how are you doing?

Dad : seriously? Idk how i made such a bratty son?

Joshua : ofc i'm your son. ( i mumbled making sure he doesn't hear me)

Dad : how is your classes going?

Joshua : fine.

He just hummed but i wanted to continue this conversation rather than eating in silence.

Joshua : can i get my car keys back? I swear i wouldn't cause any troubles again.

Dad : No.

Joshua : but dad-

Dad : no means no. ( he said raising his voice slightly)

Joshua : dad it's hard for me-

Mom : Joshua stop. ( she caressed my hand and signaled me not to talk back)

Ik if i say smtg anymore my father's anger issues are gonna strike and he would become the beast he is.

Mom : honey have some more curry. ( my mom was serving some more curry on my father's plate)

As he held his hand to refuse the offer, a little curry fell on his tshirt. My heart skipped a few beats. Ik what's gonna happen. So my mom does. Her face showed the terror.

My father stood my from his chair immediately and started yelling.

Dad : wtf is wrong with you!?!?

Mom : i'm sorry.

Dad : you and your son both have planned to ruin my dad, huh? I hate this house!! ( he threw his plate away)

Mom : stfu. You, hating and abusing me is fine. But don't you dare to blame your fucking anger issues on my son. After all he's the reason i'm still here with you. ( she pointed her finger towards dad)

Dad : how dare you talk back at me!?? ( he raised his hand to hit her but controlled himself as i was standing there)

He left the dining hall and went to his room and shut the door with a thud.

Author pov

Joshua was still processing what just happened but one thing was stuck in his head.

" HE'S THE REASON I'M STILL HERE WITH YOU "

He's the reason. He's the reason why mom takes in his inhuman behaviour. He couldn't just digest the fact.

His mother came closer to him and told him to finish his dinner as if nothing happened.