Chapter 75

Time skip

Time skip

It has been a week since the newborn battle. Papa wanted to hold off on the trial for a little bit to torture the four until we got there. I should have felt bad but I didn't. I wanted them to suffer like they made me suffer.

Throughout the week, the pack and Cullens were finally able to relax more knowing there wasn't a threat going on around anymore. The elders even rewrote the treaty so the Cullens could be at my house.

They had decided the pack and Cullens would still have their separate houses, but mine would be welcomed to both. Thanks to Taylor and her witchy ways, the pack and Cullens could no longer smell each other only other supernaturals to know if it was a real threat.

Another interesting peace between the pack and coven was Seth imprinting on Bree, Seth being Bree's mate.

It was now time to go to Italy for the trial. Carlisle and I agreed that Bree, Jackson, and Jasmine would be staying behind because there was just some things their young eyes did not need to see.

As I was finishing up packing, I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"You about ready mi amor" Carlisle whispered in my ear. I turned my head slightly to give him a soft kiss.

"Yes my love. I am packed and ready to go." I told him.

"Let me load those up for you while you lock up." He says grabbing my luggage.

I did one more quick run through to make sure I was not forgetting anything before walking outside and locking the doors.

The kids got into their cars before heading to the airport. Thankfully, papa sent his private jet for us so we didn't have to go on a regular airplane with humans.

After the quick drive to the airport, we got everything loaded up and it was time for take off. While we were flying, I kept looking around and watching the kids. Rose and Emmett were talking, Esme was cuddled into Klaus, and Jasper was sitting off to the side looking out the window.

I got up and went over and sat by him. "Hey cowboy, you doing okay?" I asked motherly.

He turns to me slightly looking kinda sad. "Yeah just got a lot on my mind." He says shrugging.

"Need to talk about it?" I asked.

"I know I have finally found my mate, but is it bad that part of me is still sad over Alice. Especially knowing what is about to happen to her?" He asked.

"Oh baby." I say pulling him into a loving hug. "No it is not bad. Jasper you both spent a lot of time together and she helped you during a rough part of your life. You were together for a while. It is okay to feel sad and betrayed. It is okay to have those feelings. That is what makes you more human but having that feeling." I tell him.