Chapter 28

After the mutt comment I haven't fully forgiven Edward yet

After the mutt comment I haven't fully forgiven Edward yet. He's apologized but it still doesn't make the hurt go away. When I go over to visit I make sure to never be alone with Edward anymore.

I am also trying to keep my cool because after his stunt last night of saving Bella, she has now figured out about vampires according to Alice. Apparently last night she went "prom dress shopping" with Jessica and Angela but went over to a native book store and got a book that talks about our legends. It also didn't help that baby black opened his mouth and told Bella about the Quileute stories.

Of course he thinks they are just stories. That is until if or when he phases. Another sad piece to this is Waylon was sucked dry from some nomads running around here. They haven't crossed over much on our lands since the boys had a run in with them and almost killed them.

Skip to Today which is really testing my patience because Edward wants to bring Bella over for dinner to meet them family now that Edward confirmed her theory.  Jasmine has been sick for the last couple of days. I took her in to get checked out and they said it was just a flu and should get better soon. They gave her some medicine to take to help. 

I of course have pulled her out of school until then and have taken off work. They have other doctors that can help with my clients and such so my focus is going into Jasmine. I've found out quickly that while she is sick she's very clingy. Which is perfectly fine by me. Thanks to my wolf side my body temperature keeps her warm.

Her and I are both at the Cullens right now getting ready for Bella to show up. I'm making Jasmine her favorite chicken and dumpling soup to help her feel better while Esme make Italian for Bella.

Rose and I are struggling the hardest with her coming over here today. We do not think she belongs in this world. We've kept telling Edward she's a singer not mate but he won't believe it and kept pushing until Carlisle caved and let Edward have his way. I kept my mouth about because it's his coven not mine.

As I am cooking I hear the car pull up.
"Here comes the human" Rose says.

I just roll my eyes. I hope Jasper is going to be okay. I know he is going to struggle. I know I shouldn't have favorites but Jasper and Rose are the two I'm closest with.

Soon Bella and Edward are upstairs and they are all talking. I'm just drowning them out and working on finishing up my daughters soup. "So Athena you are one of them. Edward told me." Bella says trying to look smug at me.

"Oh hi Bella. How's Taylor. The better Swan sibling. I heard you were a real bitch. Taylor told me." I say with a smirk and tilting my head at her.

She huffs and rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Edward told me some of their stories but not yours. Only said you were more gifted than them." I look at Edward who is now looking nervous.

"Huh. Yes I would say I am powerful so don't cross my bad side." I say going back and dishing out the soup.

I wasn't paying to much attention until I heard glass shatter and then Rose talking about how dangerous this could be.
"As in I would become the meal?" Bella asks.

And before I could even stop myself I say "well you keep putting yourself where you don't belong and you may be my first. But then again I don't know where your body has been."

She gasps and Edward growls at me while I look at him daring him to challenge me. "You mean to tell me that you would eat me? Your bestfriend's sister." Bella says.

"You may be Taylor's younger sister but I would not hesitate to end you if given enough reason." I say

"Alright. Edward why don't you go and give her a tour of the house now." Carlisle says. I roll my eyes. Always killing the fun. Mister righteous.

Rose, Emmett, and Jasper smile and snicker at my comment. Esme told Rose to clean up the salad as Edward and Bella were leaving to walk around the house. I grab Jasmines bowl and take it into her. I pull her in to my lap and help her eat. Her body has gotten weaker and I am hoping this is where it starts to get better soon. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. I'm trying not to worry but my inner mother and doctor is telling me other wise.

As I am feeding her I use my vampire hearing on Edward and Bella's conversation. I'm curious to know what that blood bag is saying.

"Since when did she have a baby? Why is she here and not with the dad?" Bella asked.

"She didn't. She actually adopted Jasmine. She cannot have kids. Plus she is Carlisle mate and fiancé." He says.

So I whisper loud enough for him to hear "you tell that blood bag anymore about my life or Jasmine and I will make your life a living hell boy." I say with venom laced in my threat. I look up and he nods his head at me. Once Jasmine has finished eating, I hand her to Rose so I can go eat. The soup tasted amazing and once I finished up I put a lid on it in case Jasmine wanted more later.

I went back into the living room and Jasmine crawled over on my lap. "Mommy my head hurts" she whimpers out.

"I'm sorry baby. Let's get you some more medicine since you've had your dinner." I tell her. As I pick her up, she snuggles her head into my neck and wraps her arms around my neck tightly. After giving her the medicine, I give her a bath and changed into something warm.

I wrap her back up in a blanket and go down stairs. Alice comes prancing in. "There's a storm coming in 2 days. Wanna play some baseball?" She asks us all. Of course they all agree.

"It will depend on how Jasmine is. If she's not any better, I am not leaving her." I tell them.

They all nod their heads and go on about their evening. I go to put Jasmine to bed until she stops me. "Mommy can I sleep with you?" She say with teary eyes still not feeling good.

"Oh princess of course you can. Come on. Mommy will put on a movie for us okay? And we can snuggle all night." I tell her.

And that's what we did. Movie and snuggles until we fell asleep.